Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Music/sound player preferences (multiple guess)
I like Llamas and use WinAmp 5 17.86%
I am Llama free and use WinAmp 3 10.71%
I use dbAmp 1 3.57%
I use Windows Media Player 7 25.00%
I use MusicMatch 1 3.57%
I use Real Player 3 10.71%
I use Foobar2000 5 17.86%
I use VLC 4 14.29%
I use Quicktime and/or iTunes 4 14.29%
Something else or nothing at all (totally llama free) 8 28.57%
I like llamas and object to this poll 7 25.00%
There are too many llamas around to deal with 2 7.14%
I listen to the Blue One Next to the Fish 7 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Llamas & WinAmp

I was installing WinAmp for my Father-in-law today and to demonstrate that it had successfully installed it played a sound clip that came bundled with the application, "WinAmp really whips the llama's ass."

You are warned, llamas are out there, just waiting to spring on you.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Poor widdle llamas and there poor widdle asses.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 09-27-2008 at 11:26 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I use RealPlayer or Quicktime, usually, but I do like llamas. I object to this poll on the grounds that I ought to be able to vote for llamas AND the media player of my choice.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I use RealPlayer or Quicktime, usually, but I do like llamas. I object to this poll on the grounds that I ought to be able to vote for llamas AND the media player of my choice.
I agree entirely.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You left out the best media player of all and we cannot vote properly tll it's listed... FOOBAR2000!!!!!!!!!!!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Actually, I was just checking, and I've been using VLC lately.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The poll is modified to include new options -- VLC, Foobar2000, and Quicktime.

This is after all part of the Silly Thread International Group
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what ??? no option for "the blue one, next to the fish" ??? i object to this poll on the grounds that it lacks the blue one next to the fish.

also i would like to write in that sometimes i use "media player classic" when i want to make a playlist a bit randomly without importing everything into some other player.

i was just now using it to listen to "we know all about you" by ebony bones.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm. the first two "similar threads" on this page are "Premature Burial & How it may be Prevented" (mobi and sony versions). AFTER that we have a thread about sony hate ("(Problem Resolved) AARGGGGHHHHH!!! Sony #&%@&^#(*%!*#& CS") and only then two threads mentioning winamp.

i will take this as a sign that the llamas are plotting something and may be up to no good.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #10
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Have to say that I haven't Installed or used Winamp in quiet a while.
Even then, it was mainly for Shoutcast, not anything else.
Still it does bring back memories, especially Llama

I mainly stick to Media Player Classic for Audio and Vlc for Video, with the occasional Windows Media Player usage thrown in.

Never use iTunes except for when I need to load some stuff on my family's iPods, oh maybe a couple of times a year. Its too bloated.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:19 AM   #11
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I use Winamp for most things, and Real Player for select formats. I have a neutral stance on Llamas.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have Llamaplayer Pro, and I am pro-llama, and pro letting them whip their asses, or mules or and other kind of livestock they choose to own (not horses though). I don't care for the media much...too many stories that don't end happily ever after riding off into the sunset surrounded by a dancing Bollywood chorus of gibbons and pirate ninja squirrels.

Kids, say "no" to drugs, but yes to llamas.

Also...the fish...next to it...the blue one...I like that too.

Cheers,
Marc (watching Australian Idol, because the remote control is all the way over on the coffee table...definitely not enough llamas in it)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #13
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Amarok blew me away when I first installed it, and I never looked back. It has a distinct lack of llamas.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #14
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm. the first two "similar threads" on this page are "Premature Burial & How it may be Prevented" (mobi and sony versions). AFTER that we have a thread about sony hate ("(Problem Resolved) AARGGGGHHHHH!!! Sony #&%@&^#(*%!*#& CS") and only then two threads mentioning winamp.

i will take this as a sign that the llamas are plotting something and may be up to no good.
We generally are, even when dsiguised as a rabbit with big, pointy teeth.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #15
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Winamp for Music

VLC and Media Classic Player for film

MCP for IN OUR TIME

bits and bobs for Media player and QUICK TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Have to say that I haven't Installed or used Winamp in quiet a while.
Even then, it was mainly for Shoutcast, not anything else.
Still it does bring back memories, especially Llama

I mainly stick to Media Player Classic for Audio and Vlc for Video, with the occasional Windows Media Player usage thrown in.

Never use iTunes except for when I need to load some stuff on my family's iPods, oh maybe a couple of times a year. Its too bloated.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness