Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
Baroness
ePub Fan
Baroness began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
Baroness' Introduction.

Hello there.

I'm Baroness and I love reading. I currently have an iPhone 5 and I read books both in iBooks and iTunes. In the coming weeks (hopefully sooner rather than later!), I'll be getting a MacBook Pro and an iPad 3 - but for now, I'm restricted to the tiny screen for my books.

I have had both a Kindle Keyboard and a Kobo Touch in the past, but I find that LCD screens suit my eyes better (I'm easily fatigued from e-ink and paper!), and multi-use devices keep my ADHD at bay. I enjoy reading fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers, romance ... everything, really, and books on mythology. I've just finished Neil Gaiman's American Gods and I'm starting Bryce Courtenay's Jack Of Diamonds.

I look forward to being a contributing member of this forum! Lurking here has helped me immeasurably in organising my library through Calibre. I'll try my best to give a little back.

Baroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It is quite amazing that e-ink and paper gets on your eyes but LCD does not.
But if that is what's best for you, I wish you lots of happy readings on your future Ipad

And of course, welcome to the forum
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Baroness and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
Baroness
ePub Fan
Baroness began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
It is quite amazing that e-ink and paper gets on your eyes but LCD does not.
But if that is what's best for you, I wish you lots of happy readings on your future Ipad
Indeed! I think it has roots in my childhood habit of pulling the blankets over my head late at night and reading for hours by torchlight; I used to read until I fell asleep in my books, and I think that my eyes may have begun to associate paper and paper-like displays with sleep. Even a sepia hue in iBooks tires my eyes!
Baroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote