Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
justified text

Not all of my ebooks were formatted with justified paragraphs. I've noticed however if I view them on my ipod, using stanza, the text shows up as justified anyway. I'm assuming Stanza must automatically justify text. I load the texts from Calibre into both my iPod and Sony. I think I got so used to the automatic justification of the texts seen on my iPod, I assumed the same thing would happen on my Sony. But the Sony doesn't do this.

Right now I can only think of one way to get them justified: delete all the non-justified texts from my sony; go back and manually justify all the texts, reload them into Calibre, and then send the new texts to my Sony--essentially starting from scratch. Which I really don't want to do, although I would prefer to read the texts with justification.

Does anyone know if there is an easier way for me to have texts appear ion justified form on my Sony?

Thanks.
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Use Calibre - try one of your epubs first.

Select it in Calibre, click the "Convert books" icon, and choose to convert from epub to epub. In the 'Look & Feel' tab of the conversion window, change the justification from original to justified in the drop down menu.

You may want to remove any space between paragraphs if you prefer no double spaced paragraphs.

Convert, then transfer to your Sony and check it.

Then you can select all your books and let calibre do the 'conversion'.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
Thanks Coops,

That did the trick.

The remove space between paragraph option is nice to know about too. Helped me identify another problem with some of my texts!
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote