Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #31
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
In july you will be able to buy Samsung Galaxy S3 with quad core processor
SAMOLED HD + display. Google is supposedly now going to slow its Android releases to once a year so it will be ICS.
The Samsung phone is it going to be new or will it be about outdated when its time to upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What the hell's a froyo anyway?

Missed this thread last week -- too much going on -- I'm glad they released this and am looking forward to the merging of phone/tablet os. Hopefully it will be released for my Xoom soon.

Also looking forward to ditching my work iPhone early next year for something like this or the Razr or Bionic or with 4G and Android 4.0 and ....

(they are making noises about releasing source code...)

lol tell me this.. does the iphone allow you to change the wallpaper now or is it still locked down?

I used to have the first iphone.. I brought it broken on ebay and replaced the whole board ($125 + the replacement screen which was another $125) it worked ok for awhile.. I jailbroke it which made it better.. but after that last time I dropped it in the store and it cracked the screen again I was like that's it!
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #32
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
I got 1 more year left on my contract with Sprint.. I wonder what phone would be out on Sprint worth upgrading in July?

Right now I have my Evo 4G rooted running Cyanmod 7 and I love it.
Yes, the concept of planned obsolescence seems to have broken down with the EVO 4G. I bought mine a at launch, and only now is there a phone coming out (Galaxy Nexus) that is compelling enough to consider upgrading; and even that doesn’t have a kick stand.

I sure hope Sprint picks that one up!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #33
avariel
Connoisseur
avariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
What the hell's a froyo anyway?
Frozen Yogurt.
avariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ah, really?? I never heard it called that.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #35
MikeCL
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yes, the concept of planned obsolescence seems to have broken down with the EVO 4G. I bought mine a at launch, and only now is there a phone coming out (Galaxy Nexus) that is compelling enough to consider upgrading; and even that doesn’t have a kick stand.

I sure hope Sprint picks that one up!
I kinda miss my Samsung phones, the HTC is OK but it's no Samsung.

My battery life is pretty bad with my usage and I'm using these so called extended batteries.. I say that because they come from China and i doubt they are really 3000 mAh.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #36
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yes, battery life has always been the EVO 4G's weak point. I've learned to live with it by very rarely turning 4G on (only when I have a plug in handy), and for a while I used a battery saver app. With the latest firmware upgrade I found that I no longer needed the app. I recharge every night, and my phone usually lasts all day without needing recharging.

My wife, on the other hand, often forgets to charge hers; and frequently has it die at the most inconvenient times.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #37
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Silly wife.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #38
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yes, battery life has always been the EVO 4G's weak point. I've learned to live with it by very rarely turning 4G on (only when I have a plug in handy), and for a while I used a battery saver app. With the latest firmware upgrade I found that I no longer needed the app. I recharge every night, and my phone usually lasts all day without needing recharging.

My wife, on the other hand, often forgets to charge hers; and frequently has it die at the most inconvenient times.
Here's my EVO with light usage, 4 days, 3 hours, 46% battery left....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-10-26_13-40-00.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	78182  
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #39
MikeCL
Zealot

*sigh*

I wish people would stop that.. not picking on you vaughnmr just saying that one's usage is not the same as everyone..

I've got tasker running on my phone along with setcpu so say when I get down to like 60% or so my cpu is underclocked to like 500 Mhz and keeps going.. Now when I get to like 10% I have tasker take over to turn the phone to airplane mode to conserve battery..
Old 10-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #40
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Can't wait to try the face recognition unlock.
Couldn't you hold up a life size photograph of the owner's face?
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #41
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Apparently it's not fooled by photos.
However, it also didn't work in the demo, so it is definitely still a work in progress.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:32 AM   #42
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
or their dead head?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #43
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
or their dead head?

Spoiler:
MacBeth unlocks MacDuff's phone: The News International phone-hacking scandal continues in gruesome way!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #44
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I watched the announcement & I was pretty disappointed. They do have some nice things, but there are no big leaps here that they made. I figured it would be a huge leap forward for the android os.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #45
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Apparently it's not fooled by photos.
However, it also didn't work in the demo, so it is definitely still a work in progress.

Here is a video that shows it working much better than it did on stage. Seems fast too...although I probably still won't use it, haha.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/i...ck-demo-video/

I'm not sure I get the point of lock screens at all....I understand security ones (maybe face unlock, password unlock, tracing a pattern, etc) but the ones that just slide to unlock? What's the point?
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, nexus