Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 01-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #16
sakotun
sakotun began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770
does any one know a way to download or transfer a bible to nokia 770? since nokia 770 is not running on palm or window .I love this 770 but I need to get a bible on it so as to take to church

Last edited by sakotun; 01-29-2008 at 01:59 AM.
sakotun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:40 AM   #17
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You can load Palm OS emulator on 770 and open your Palm books there.
http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
For DRM-free e-books FBReader is best, but for DRM-laden e-books the Palm emulator is your only option (other than breaking the DRM, e.g. of a LIT e-book). I tested MobiPocket reader, and my only complaint was that the 320x480 resolution only uses 40% of the screen. See Palm Garnet VM now available for Nokia N770, N800, N810. There are probably bible-specific applications for Palm, which should also work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
For DRM-free e-books FBReader is best, but for DRM-laden e-books the Palm emulator is your only option (other than breaking the DRM, e.g. of a LIT e-book). I tested MobiPocket reader, and my only complaint was that the 320x480 resolution only uses 40% of the screen. See Palm Garnet VM now available for Nokia N770, N800, N810. There are probably bible-specific applications for Palm, which should also work.
Were you able to get a Palm ebook reader to open a book stored on a card? Not seeing the card seems to be a problem for GVM users.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #20
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Were you able to get a Palm ebook reader to open a book stored on a card?
I did not do much more than confirm it worked, and I did have problems opening books on the card - see MobiPocket Reader eBooks directory? I "installed" each e-book I wanted to read, which I assume copied it to the Palm "internal" storage.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #21
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I did not do much more than confirm it worked, and I did have problems opening books on the card - see MobiPocket Reader eBooks directory? I "installed" each e-book I wanted to read, which I assume copied it to the Palm "internal" storage.
Likely. AFAIK, the GVM works, but can't see expansion cards, and can't run applications that use external libraries. (Like Mathlib, which most Palm OS calculators use.)

Both of those are deal breakers for me.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote