Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #3061
Alan_S
Addict
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I added info in Calibre wireless connection article as addendum, it seems most logical there: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ess-connection
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #3062
chronoreverse
chronoreverse began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm finding I only use Koreader! Is there a way to have Koreader just be the default? A non-kfmon way to just launch into Koreader on boot (and only go into Nickel when I exit Koreader)?

I found advboot and it pretty closely does what I want. Loving the Kobo and its flexibility.

Last edited by chronoreverse; 02-18-2019 at 04:20 AM.
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:38 AM   #3063
Frenzie
Fanatic
Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't know about advboot, but you can also use KSM and tell it to autostart KOReader.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #3064
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Note that there are various little low-level things that may only behave properly if Nickel has been started at least once in that power cycle.

The most visible example we have right now would be rotation events on the Forma, but I'm fairly sure there's a few power-management related things at play, too...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #3065
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (retired), AuraHD, PDA,
It may have been over a year since I last started nickel, (to check something out). I launch KOReader from KSM every day, without starting Nickel. It is possible that some feature, that I never use, suffers an effect that I am unaware of.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #3066
Frenzie
Fanatic
Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

I have no idea when I last started Nickel. (Okay, technically yesterday but that was by accident. I mean on purpose.)
Old 02-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #3067
Alan_S
Addict
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Well, I don't start it at all (not that prone to accidents ).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:49 AM   #3068
Frenzie
Fanatic

I never changed the KSM default to auto-start it after 20 seconds, so I suppose oversight would be more appropriate than accident.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #3069
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle O1&DX&PW1, Kobo F&A1&H2O&HD, Sony T3, iPad pro 9.7"&mini2
Could you please let me know how to return back a status bar? It disappeared and I am not able to make it visible again.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:53 PM   #3070
Markismus
Evangelist
Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Cracked KoboAuraHD, Cracked KoboAura, KoboAuraH2O, KoboGlo
Lower right corner toggles mini status bar. Full status bar seems to be dependent on file type and can then be found on a tab in the lower menu.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #3071
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle O1&DX&PW1, Kobo F&A1&H2O&HD, Sony T3, iPad pro 9.7"&mini2
Thank you Markismus, I found it appearing back today. And I found that it toggles on/off by press at the bottom of the screen, not left or right corner ))) mystery is solved.

Last edited by hel; 03-09-2019 at 12:17 PM.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:58 AM   #3072
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Lower right corner toggles mini status bar. Full status bar seems to be dependent on file type and can then be found on a tab in the lower menu.
bottom corners enable/disable backlight and blue light filter.

left = light on/off
right = blue light filter on/off
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #3073
Frenzie
Fanatic

By default the bottom left corner toggles the frontlight and the bottom right I'm fairly sure does nothing, but there is a right-hand swipe type action for "natural light" control.

You can customize the bottom corner actions in tools (gear) → Taps & gestures → Gesture manager.

The frontlight gesture controller plugin can also be enabled or disabled in the taps & gestures menu.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 AM   #3074
Markismus
Evangelist
Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Markismus has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Cracked KoboAuraHD, Cracked KoboAura, KoboAuraH2O, KoboGlo
I did find yesterday that in the newest version the bottom right didn't work anymore for the mini bar. It appears that depending on model and koreader version the gestures are rather different.
Thanks for pointing out how to re-enable this feature.

EDIT: With the latest version the mini bar toggle is indeed at the lower middle for the Glo. (Cracked the screen of my H2O. )However, I couldn’t find the option to in gesture manager. No bar mentioned at all.

Last edited by Markismus; Yesterday at 01:30 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote