Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-15-2021, 08:10 AM   #1
Odyssee
Connoisseur
Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 11
Color e-readers

Clearly color e-readers are the trend.Every major company is producing them nowadays. Still I myself hesitate about the added value of color e-readers. Of course I see the advantage when reading illustrated books or comcis, but the majority of books I read are plain text. My Kobo Forma is perfectly capable of giving me an outstanding reading experience. I wouldn't be surprised if I am not the only one in this. At the same time, do not think that I imply that this trend is nonsense. On the contrary. I love technology and developing new technoly like color displays is as it should be. Always go forward. There will be a great market for color e-readers, I'm sure, but I do hope the companies keep developing the good old B/W e-readers as well.
What do you think?
Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssee View Post
Clearly color e-readers are the trend.Every major company is producing them nowadays.
This is not so that we know of. Kobo, Amazon, and B&N have not released any information about a color Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2021, 08:56 AM   #3
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
I love technology and love the added value of colour. I had a mirasol color ereader back when the Kindle 4 was cutting edge. I want to love color eink and got the Poke 2 Color. But Eink Corp is just not providing good tech. The trade off that their color filter forces between enabling the limited color and reducing the sharpness and contrast of BW text is not worth it . I was arguing with other mobile read posters last year but they turned out to be right
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Loads of stupid things trend.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Here is our wiki page on the BOOX Nova 3 Color. There are not that many color E Ink devices yet.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #6
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pata View Post
I love technology and love the added value of colour. I had a mirasol color ereader back when the Kindle 4 was cutting edge. I want to love color eink and got the Poke 2 Color. But Eink Corp is just not providing good tech. The trade off that their color filter forces between enabling the limited color and reducing the sharpness and contrast of BW text is not worth it . I was arguing with other mobile read posters last year but they turned out to be right
Eink might bring out ACeP-2 the next year (filterless full color epaper).

https://goodereader.com/blog/e-paper...-color-e-paper

Also there is still a chance for Clearink-2 color epaper, and some good reflective color LCDs.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...12#post4083912

Last edited by Marinolino; 03-15-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote