Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 11:13 PM   #1786
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Nathan Van Coop's time travel trilogy is on sale for the next 5 days or so at Amazon.

In Times Like These is free. I believe it's always free, but if you're new to the series I'd start here.

Spoiler:
Benjamin Travers has been electrocuted. What’s worse, he and his friends have woken up in the past. As the friends search for a way home, they realize they’re not alone. There are other time travelers, and some of them are turning up dead.
When Ben meets an enigmatic scientist and his charming, time-traveling daughter, salvation seems at hand, but escaping the dangers of the past may lead to a deadly future.
If he hopes to save his friends, Ben must learn to master space and time, and survive a journey where past and future violently collide.

Action and romance heat up in this first book of the time travel adventure series.

The Chronothon: A Time Travel Adventure. The second in the series. The blurb says it can be read as a stand-alone, but I'd still recommend reading it second. On sale right now for $0.99 -- the regular price is $3.99.

Spoiler:
Ben just wants time with the scientist’s daughter who got him into this, but when he’s rooked into competing in a chronothon–an Amazing Race through time–getting the girl means he’ll need to make the finish line. When he finds out this competition is more than just a sprint through history, winning takes a back seat to surviving. To save the people he loves, he’ll have to conquer the real dangers hidden in the shadows of the chronothon.

The world of time travelers expands in this next installment of the In Times Like These time travel series. Fans of book one will find more to love, but new readers can jump right in and enjoy this stand-alone time travel novel. Expect action, adventure, and romance on this journey through past and future. Fresh dangers will arise for Ben and company in a quest for the finish line, where failure to keep up will cost more than just a shot at glory—it could mean the end for them all.

Either of the first two books in the series may be read independently. Start your adventure today!

The Day After Never: A Time Travel Adventure (In Times Like These Book 3). This is the one that I was waiting for! On sale right now for $0.99 -- the regular price is $3.99.

Spoiler:
Returning home from his harrowing adventures through time, Ben just wants a normal life with the girl he loves, but tying up the loose threads of his fragmented existence is proving more difficult than he ever suspected. Someone is attacking time travel labs—threatening the safety of the Quickly family—and Ben is getting messages from a version of himself that he thought was dead.

When a strange cult of consciousness-shifting time travelers called The Eternals begins to worm its way into the past—endangering the very nature of time and space—Ben will have to solve the mystery of his own disappearance to stop them. He’ll journey farther into time than he’s ever been before, to protect the family and friends he has come to love, and to discover his own inevitable destiny.

Join Ben and Mym in this third novel in the In Times Like These time travel adventure series.

Either of the first two books may be read independently, but this book is best appreciated as the 3rd in the series. Frequently enjoyed by fans of Douglas E Richards, Jodi Taylor, and Robert Heinlein

It looks like these may be self-published, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first two titles and highly recommend them!
All of these are back up to their regular price, but I have to make a correction. The first book in the series, In Time Like These, was free when I posted and free when I got it a couple of years ago, but it's now priced at $2.99, which may be its regular price.

Sorry for any confusion. If you were interested I hope you got it when it was free!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #1787
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
An Ancient Peace by Tanya Huff (Peacekeeper #) 1is currently on sale for $1.99 in the US

https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Peace.../dp/B00SI0B7O2
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/an-ancient-peace
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #1788
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekiwi View Post
An Ancient Peace by Tanya Huff (Peacekeeper #) 1is currently on sale for $1.99 in the US

https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Peace.../dp/B00SI0B7O2
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/an-ancient-peace
Also on sale in Canada: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/an-ancient-peace

I'd check amazon.ca, but the whole site is down. Weird.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:05 AM   #1789
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
John Wyndham - The Midwich Cuckoos is 99p in today's Amazon.co.uk Kindle Daily Deal: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chrysalids-...A1G3UP32AZJ14F
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:21 AM   #1790
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
John Wyndham - The Midwich Cuckoos is 99p in today's Amazon.co.uk Kindle Daily Deal: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chrysalids-...A1G3UP32AZJ14F
Actually, this one is The Chrysalids. Still a good read I expect, although it's been many years since I read it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #1791
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Actually, this one is The Chrysalids. Still a good read I expect, although it's been many years since I read it.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Dunno why it didn't register with the correct title. Trouble is that Wyndham was something I read when I was a teenager - my local branch library had a reasonable selection and the titles ran together in my head.

We've been wavering over this one - Paul thinks it may have dated too much.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #1792
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I've been getting notifications from ereaderiq all morning about Andre Norton price drops. There are too many to post but if you're a Norton fan it's a good day to go looking at Amazon (US).
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #1793
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Also up is Harlan Ellison's _Partners in Wonder_, a short story collection of collaborations --- it's a hoot, and affords some interesting insight into his life.

My sister gave me a copy which was mostly autographed --- need to identify the lacunae and see if I can get the balance of the signatures.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #1794
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Dread Nation by Justina Ireland is $1.99 (for some regions) on Amazon.com, B&N and iTunes.

An alternative history where a zombie outbreak happened during the US Civil War, and former slaves and their children are the ones who are expected to fight them.
This is the first book in a series.

Seems to be liked by those who hate zombies.
Goodreads
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #1795
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Perdido Street Station by China Miéville - $1.99 on Amazon.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #1796
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Not a real bargain but still less than the last time I've checked:

Artemis by Andy Weir:

amazon.com $8.19
amazon.de EUR 6.99

I'll wait some more, maybe.
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:09 AM   #1797
maddz
Wizard

Not sure whether Brellitine Grever and The Sea of Gelled (The Brell Trilogy Book 1) by Ruhi Jain is SFF or magical realism (or even a children's book), but it's free for today only on Amazon.co.uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FJXYN8Z

It looked interesting enough to take a punt.

It's a new release from Endeavour Venture - which is effectively a republisher of works from the 70s and 80s.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:21 AM   #1798
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Brellitine Grever and The Sea of Gelled is free at Amazon US, too.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #1799
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
A whole bunch of titles by Terry Goodkind are part of the Kindle US Deal of the Day, priced at $2.99 each, and seem to be matched at Kobo US. I'm in a bit of a time crunch and too many to list individually, but these links pull them all up (and a couple of strays).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?se...price-asc-rank
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?Qu...cmaxprice=3.99
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #1800
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson is $1.99 on Amazon.

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote