Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Custom fonts - naming for bold, italic, etc

I've been downloading some custom fonts for my KO2, since the new firmware update supports them. The Readme recommends downloading the whole font family (regular, bold, italic and bold italic).

Every family I've downloaded has different naming conventions - some have, for example:

Code:
Courier New
Courier New Bold
Courier New Italic
and others have:

Code:
Courier New
Courier New-bold
Courier New-italic
and some:

Code:
Courier New
Courier New-b
Courier New-i
And so on - sometimes a space, sometimes a dash, sometimes something different entirely.

My question is should I leave them named as per the original download (in case there's some instruction embedded into the .ttf/.otf file themselves that tells whichever OS is using them what names it should expect) or does the Kindle expect a particular naming convention to be able to recognise the bold, italic and bold italic?

Is there a particular book I could use to test this?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Name of the file doesn't matter as long as the extension is intact (e.g. .ttf). And less problems if you put all 4 files of a family: regular, italic, bold, and bold-italic.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote