Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
lordheeb
lordheeb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problems using French-English dictionary

I've recently bought a K3 and have decided to try to use it to improve my French. I bought a French-English dictionary from Mobipocket, deDRMed it in Calibre, and copied it to my Kindle.

The file appears to be recognised by the Kindle as a dictionary (it's one of the choices available in the set default dictionary menu). However, the autolookup features don't work in French books purchased from Amazon. When I go into the dictionary itself, the autolookup feature does work (i.e. the Kindle searches for French words only within the dictionary).

I've been searching google for hours trying to get this to work and based on these futile efforts I suspect I need to change something in the metadata? Can anyone offer any help?
lordheeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
germanor
germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle keyboard wifi / kindle 4
Add it to your kindle trough the usb, don't send it with calibre.
germanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
lordheeb

Just tried, makes no difference
Old 12-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
lordheeb

Right, it seems to be working now... I've had to import every book I bought from Amazon and manually change the language to French in Calibre, but after that it seems to be working.

Tags
dictionary, kindle 3