Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #61
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Nobody seems to have noticed that the article says that this is a very low-end device aimed at emerging markets such as India, not the west. If it exists at all, it's doubtful it would be sold in Europe or the US.
I noticed that, and I think a low-end or mid-range device makes a lot more sense for Amazon and always has. Looks at the success of their fifty dollar Fires. You can buy a six-pack!

I don't mind my fifty dollar Fire, but would never pay more than that for one. Once I'm willing to pay more, I could get a 'good' tablet.

Once they test the waters in India, there's no good reason they couldn't release them elsewhere. Possibly even offer them free to Prime members.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote