Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #1081
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
You should cloud everything

That is why Android 4.4 is must. You don't what will happen on your memory card or even internal memory.
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #1082
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
When was the first time Onyx promised to release an update to Android 4.4?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #1083
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
When was the first time Onyx promised to release an update to Android 4.4?
Since day one in 2015 (are you surprised?):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It will be open Android 4.4.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #1084
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Since day one in 2015 (are you surprised?):
Whoa, yes I am, and suddenly a little disappointed and worried. So this has been on the table for close to two years with no delivery?

I wonder what makes it so hard?
Old 06-24-2017, 02:27 AM   #1085
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
That is why Android 4.4 is must. You don't what will happen on your memory card or even internal memory.
Some people learn about backups the hard way. You don't need 4.4 to do regular backups.

Indeed isn't it a great advantage then to use a tablet for making notes, where you can always very easily backup it, instead of paper notes which can be easily lost forever.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #1086
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Yes, not only you can watch videos on the MaxCarta: proficiently so, too. (Note: of course in A2 mode). I installed VLC, but I believe there is also a native video player already there.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is A2 mode?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:51 AM   #1087
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is A2 mode?
In essence it disables grey scale, this makes screen refresh much faster since fewer pixels are involved (I know that pixel may not be the exact term for e-ink) and that makes web browsing or video play almost bearable.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:13 AM   #1088
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
In essence it disables grey scale, this makes screen refresh much faster since fewer pixels are involved (I know that pixel may not be the exact term for e-ink) and that makes web browsing or video play almost bearable.
There are few videos that are watchable in 1-bit mode, though. Pure black or pure white - no greyscales at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:58 AM   #1089
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There are few videos that are watchable in 1-bit mode, though. Pure black or pure white - no greyscales at all.
Oh I don't disagree, just answered the question. I could never enjoy watching YouTube on my Onyx Max Carta. But if I was in a pinch and had to check a video to figure out how I switch screen modes I'd be able to suffer through it.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #1090
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Thank you, I should have searched on e-ink a2 instead of onyx a2.

That would be fewer bits, not fewer pixels. I suspect it is not the fewer bits, but that it is faster to slam the e-ink pixel full black or full white without having to precisely show a fractional black portion of the pixel.

I would think smaller fonts would look kind of ragged without the anti-aliasing gray scale allows.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #1091
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Thank you, I should have searched on e-ink a2 instead of onyx a2.

That would be fewer bits, not fewer pixels. I suspect it is not the fewer bits, but that it is faster to slam the e-ink pixel full black or full white without having to precisely show a fractional black portion of the pixel.

I would think smaller fonts would look kind of ragged without the anti-aliasing gray scale allows.
I can't discern any difference in text depending on the A-mode. But I don't use glasses when reading on it.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:19 PM   #1092
Markeris
Markeris began at the beginning.

Device: onyx max
Hi on my max carta sometimes when I put files on my sd card .Max has very big difficulties to load sd card
Markeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:59 PM   #1093
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
still waiting for that hdmi
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:00 AM   #1094
dhiru
Connoisseur
dhiru began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, Irex iliad, sony prs950, kindle Dx, Ipad
despite many attempts i cannot upgrade my onyx boox max from 1.8.0 to 1.8.2. Though upgrade appears to complete, the version shown is 1.8.0 and also i am not getting Neo reader 2.0. can somebody provide link for 1.8.1 Eng version.

thanks
dhiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:54 AM   #1095
brigader
Enthusiast
brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Max,irex 800s
try this link

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiru View Post
despite many attempts i cannot upgrade my onyx boox max from 1.8.0 to 1.8.2. Though upgrade appears to complete, the version shown is 1.8.0 and also i am not getting Neo reader 2.0. can somebody provide link for 1.8.1 Eng version.

thanks
http://ereader-store.de/de/content/8-downloads

Try this, also I tried the Android 4.4.4 but decided to revert back to the stock Android version that came with the Max. It seem to me very clunky when running 4.4.4

This link will provide you with the 1.8.2 version that works for me. Plus options for upgrading to 4.4.4.

Paul
brigader is offline   Reply With Quote