Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Movendi
Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Movendi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 7.7
Synchronize annotations, notes, highlights across devices

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to achieve a simple and straightforward solution for a synchronized ebook experience . I'm wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction.

I have a galaxy s3 and a galaxy 7.7 tablet. I mainly read NON-DRM material of all filetypes - (pdf, epub, mobi). I make a lot of annotations and highlights and wish to sync changes across all nominated devices. Such that if i highlight a paragraph on the S3 it will show up on the 7.7. And then later in the day if i'm highlighting on the 7.7 this will show up on the s3.

It seems kindle can do this but with a lot of messing around (individually sideloading ebooks, changing metadata etc). Mantano also seems to solve this problem if you subscribe to their cloud service. I already pay for dropbox so i don't wish to purchase another cloud service.

I use Moon Reader Pro and it's exactly what i want except that it can't sync annotations. I'm trying to find a way so it can sync changes via dropbox but haven't found success. Any tips?

Last edited by Movendi; 01-10-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Movendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I wrote an article on my blog on how to achieve this. For the kindle it will work seamless for your galaxy 7.7 and s3.

On Moon it is a little more difficult you will have to manually backup your annotations and let the backups sync across devices. Then restore them on the device you want to sync.

A poor man's wispersync

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Have you tried SyncMe Wireless; it works really well, and is fast when syncing.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/syncme-w...om.bv.wifisync
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote