Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 01:18 PM   #16
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
As far as I can tell the series feature only works with books that are whole numbers. If the number contains a decimal you’re SOL. I’d like to be proven wrong though.

So for now the feature is only good at cleaning up my library on the device. I can’t rely on it reading order. I’m sticking Goodreads and authors websites for that info.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:13 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
As far as I can tell the series feature only works with books that are whole numbers. If the number contains a decimal you’re SOL. I’d like to be proven wrong though.

So for now the feature is only good at cleaning up my library on the device. I can’t rely on it reading order. I’m sticking Goodreads and authors websites for that info.
If the eBook is side loaded, you are also SOL.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2021, 05:55 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post

What specific series has this issue? And what do you mean by it ‘not working’?

I don’t have any of the books, but for example I think The Witcher series has #0.5 and #0.6 and #0.7 in addition to #1, #2 etc. but Kindle Store organizes as ‘The Witcher Book’ and also ‘The Witcher Saga Novels’, each with its own numbers (the ‘prequels’ came out later). It seems if more prequels come out they’ll have to rename everything in the series, which seems silly.

(It seems Samples for series books are not organized into a Series. Seems this would be useful to sell more books and convenient for would be readers..)

Also: Amazon does not determine the series order. That’s up to the publisher (unless they haven’t bothered to specify one). I doubt it depends on what might be in the title or having whole numbers.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-26-2021 at 07:11 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote