Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 04:04 AM   #1
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Meynell, Alice: London Impressions. Illustrated by William Hyde. v.1, 19 Oct 2017

A beautiful picture book of London, published in 1898, showcasing the photogravures of William Hyde (1857-1925) accompanied by nine perceptive essays by poet and essayist Alice Meynell (1847-1922).

Sourced from a scan at the Internet Archive.

Beautiful pictures, beautiful writing, and all for free.

EDIT 6 Nov 2017:
Added version "1ar". All images are "right side up", making this the edition for readers that auto-rotate the screen view when the device is turned.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	159550   Click image for larger version

Name:	londonimpression00meynuoft_0071.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	159551  
Attached Files
File Type: epub meynell-hyde-london-v1.epub (5.58 MB, 416 views)
File Type: epub meynell-hyde-london-v1ar.epub (5.56 MB, 318 views)

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 11-06-2017 at 07:28 AM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Wow! Thank you. This is beautiful.

(and I like your credits)
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the thanks. Glad you enjoy it.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I liked the book but my reader rotates the images as I rotate the device. It would be nice if you could make a version of the book with all the images going the same direction.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I liked the book but my reader rotates the images as I rotate the device. It would be nice if you could make a version of the book with all the images going the same direction.

Dale
It would be far better, of course, if you could switch off auto-rotate on your reader - most of the "horizontal" images are much wider than high, so they will turn out very small if I rotate them by 90 degrees.
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 07:01 PM   #6
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
This looks really lovely, thank you_!
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:25 AM   #7
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
I will make such a version. But it's going to take a few days till I get around to it.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #8
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Finally uploaded the promised "auto-rotate" version.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Finally uploaded the promised "auto-rotate" version.
Thank you very much. It works especially well with Adobe on my Windows desktop so long as I don't make it too wide. Too wide and the reading software switches to 2 column mode and the image suddenly shrinks. Of course this is not a problem with the book itself.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 11-06-2017 at 02:03 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote