Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kobo Glo
Red face Mobileread forum not very mobile

It would be great to have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones & blackberry. Could I put this on a wishlist?

*I found the link! Obviously need to poke around a lot more... my bad.

Last edited by pda_junkie; 06-30-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Found the mobile link
pda_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Just for reference purpose, in case someone else is also looking for it, the link is: http://www.mobileread.mobi

We will be working on making it more visible among other things.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Thank you very much. I couldn't find anything on the main page regarding this, at least nothing that stood out to me. I have noticed that some websites I visit automatically detect that I'm on a mobile device and direct me to their site. There's usually an option there to view the main site if I want.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
ooh, I always surf the regular site on my blackberry. I'm going to have to try the mobile site and see if it's easier.

(*loving* the preview option, by the way!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Not too long ago, I praised the design of this site. Now in my Galaxy S, I'm using the mobile version (when you're short in 3G capacity you need to save space) and I'm impressed as well. Navigation is equally convenient and easy.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
There is an app called tapatalk. which is the bees knees in viewing forums on mobile devices, outclasses any other method IMO...

http://www.tapatalk.com/

I've recommended this to all forums I visit and they have all adapted it.

*edit* I am not associated with this product in any way...I just love using it
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
I took a look at Tapatalk, but I'm not willing to pay for something on my phone that others can do for free on their PCs. These are just two different ways of accessing the same website.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
I took a look at Tapatalk, but I'm not willing to pay for something on my phone that others can do for free on their PCs. These are just two different ways of accessing the same website.
I'd give it a go, it's only a few bucks, and I'll almost bet you will love it. It does alot of things mobile sits cannot do.

To each their own I guess
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #9
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
While Tapatalk is a good alternative, I favor the mobile site primarily because it is more comprehensive (it is adapted to non-touchscreen mobile phones too), and it is better adapted to the different ways in which the 85,000 people in the forum navigate. Tapatalk can't port things like the User CP's subscription tray.

By the way, Tapatalk has been discussed here already: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=tapatalk
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 AM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
ok, I tried it. I'll stick with navigating the entire site on my blackberry. I miss the stuff that's missing in the mobile version too much. I feel like I went from the museum with too many paintings to a sterile hospital room with just a bed.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote