Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
omatix
omatix began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
PRS-300 $135 @ Sony Store for Education or $150 including cover at Costco

To add to the many good deals on the PRS-300 this week: the PRS-300 is $135 on the US Sony Style education store. You need to work or be a student at a US Higher Ed. institution.

The pricing is calculated as $150 thru May 9, less 10% edu discount = $135.

Even better, accessories are 50% off for education customers, meaning you can get the regular (called "Premium") cover for $15 or the lighted cover for $27.50. I don't think this offer has an expiration date, but the Education site seems to be having trouble right now, so I can't check.

https://www.sonystyle.com/campus

(However, also worth mentioning, as I'm a Costco member and didn't see this in time, I took advantage of the current $150 deal including the "Premium" cover and charger; I might have gone for the Sony Style deal with lighted cover had I known).

Apologies if this is already widely known or not of interest.
omatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
Guess no one told sony you can get it cheaper without having to be a student elsewheres. Tigerdirect has it for $130 now I know.
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I picked up a 300 a month ago due to a Sony store closing near me and paid $110 with tax. I may end up selling but couldn't pass up the price.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Any clues on why all the discounts?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Any clues on why all the discounts?
Mother's Day, I guess - Astak EZ Readers are on sale too.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
omatix
omatix began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
Guess no one told sony you can get it cheaper without having to be a student elsewheres. Tigerdirect has it for $130 now I know.
Good point. That said, the Coscto deal is sold out, so if TigerDirect sells out too, it still might be useful for some people.
omatix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costco, deals, sonystyle