Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Cybook Gen3 officially back in stock

This isn't exactly a secret being kept under lock and key, but now fresh and official into our tattle box Bookeen sent us word that the Cybook Gen3 is in stock again.

Quote:
Due to this overwhelming demand, the Cybook has been two times out of stock. Today the Cybook is in stock, shipments have restarted and the current average delay between order and shipment is 5 business days. You can order it at the shop section of our website.
And in case you are still undecided about buying a Cybook reader, make sure to check out the new hands-on videos Bookeen has added to their site.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Hmm, perhaps this is a sign the Iliad will be back in stock soon too, assuming shortage of e-paper screens was the problem. Libresco, with whom I have an order, are saying they should be restocked this week, whereas Irex are saying the beginning of February. We shall see!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2008, 03:06 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I might be wrong but I think unlike Cybook, Sony & co, iRex doesn't have their e-paper panels produced by PVI.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
I might be wrong but I think unlike Cybook, Sony & co, iRex doesn't have their e-paper panels produced by PVI.
The screens are produced by PVI, but they use their own controller - hence the reason the iLiad can display 16 grey-scales.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
SciFiBill
SciFiBill began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Irex DR800SG
Now that I have my Gen 3, I have to say that the online videos do not do the screen justice. I have been bringing mine to work, and everyone is awed by the clarity of the screen. I love to put it in direct sunlight, and ask them to check it out. I tell them, "the better the lighting, the better it looks", and everyone agrees. When I was on the fence, debating on whether to buy one or not, I spent hours looking at every video and picture I could find for the Vizplex screens. I have to say I am astonished with how much better it looks in real life compaired to what I had seen before. I am so glad I took the plunge and bought it. I'm trying to see how fast I can wear down a charge, enjoying the books I grew up with and reading like I was a teen-aged geek again!
SciFiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Wink Enjoying my Cybook Gen3. Good Choice for me.

I have been getting to grips with my new Cybook Gen3. I bought a nice supply of eBooks, and have been having a ball reading this past week. I wanted an eBook Reader that would be easy for me to operate. I'm a complete novice not like y'all who are waaaay more knowledgeable than I. Since I won't be changing formats, or altering texts etc. etc. I think I have made a very good choice in the Cybook Gen3. It suits my needs perfectly. You never know, with time I might become a little more adventurous. Till then I'll just continue enjoing my eBook reading experience, and continue to read this wonderful informative Forum.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Delighted to hear that everyone's enjoying their new purchases!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
SciFiBill
SciFiBill began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Irex DR800SG
Thanks Harry! I must say that your posts here over the past 10 or so months (I lurked alot) helped me decide about the purchase. Without seeing the product first hand, I relied on your and others' comments to help me make up my mind. Thank you again!
SciFiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:49 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My pleasure!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #10
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Cybook Gen3 back in stock again.

Just had a look at the Bookeen site. The Cybook Gen3 is now back in stock.
The official notice says. The Cybook is currently in stock. Shipments restart on March 7th. 2008. From this date the average delay between order and shipment is 12 business days. In all cases orders will be dispatched on first come first served basis. Please note your credit card will be charged upon order. Great news indeed for people waiting for their Cybook Gen 3.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Excellent - two weeks earlier than they were forecasting recently!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
SciFiBill and Maggie, you've nearly convinced me to take the plunge - but did either of you get the chocolate covered cover - and do you like it; there have been many mixed reviews on the threads ? I'm rather taken with the M-edge leather cover.

HarryT, your enthusiasm for the CyGen3 may become infectious !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #13
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
but did either of you get the chocolate covered cover - and do you like it; there have been many mixed reviews on the threads ? I'm rather taken with the M-edge leather cover.
I got the chocolate cover, light on the outside & dark on the inside, I quite like it. It's slim enough that I don't mind reading with the cover on. Having the outside not be leather came in handy when I was able to use a kitchen spray cleaner to get a pen mark off the cover! Hubby was careless with a ballpoint near my Cybook.

I have to admit that HarryT's reviews made a difference in my decision to order my Cybook just in time for Christmas. I haven't been disappointed. I sometimes go back to my iPaq PDA to read books I only have in eReader format and then start plotting how I can aquire them in Mobipocket format so that I can read them on my Cybook instead. The screen is that much better!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Hubby was careless with a ballpoint near my Cybook.

Justy, thanks for your comment - every little helps...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #15
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I sometimes go back to my iPaq PDA to read books I only have in eReader format and then start plotting how I can aquire them in Mobipocket format so that I can read them on my Cybook instead.
See eReader Decoder Tool.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote