Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
JeffASonyReader
Enthusiast
JeffASonyReader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Basic question about Sony Store + RSS

Hi, just a basic question. I want to add my RSS feeds to my PRS-505 automatically or manually with better efficiency. I load my Sony Library software. I click the "Sony Store". I click the top for "feeds". I login to my account. I see my list of subscribed feeds. If I click on the feeds titles, it will update in my library on my PC in my sony software, but not on my PRS-505. That's ok, I just click on the sync in my sony software to put it on my PRS-505.

What I want to do is update ALL of my RSS feeds from within the Sony Software on the Sony Store without having to click on each feed individually.
It's tedious. Isn't there an "update all" click I can do or a way to make it update all the feeds so they all download to my PC so all I have to do is click "sync" to finish the 2nd step?

If I can help it I don't want an auto sync.

Thanks

Last edited by JeffASonyReader; 01-14-2008 at 08:33 AM.
JeffASonyReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bump!

Just in case this post got missed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Feedbooks is working on this, we have a software that auto-sync your RSS feeds to your device.

It's still in development, mostly because the cache issue is a pretty tough one, but I already use this feature with my e-ink devices (Sony Reader, iRex iLiad, Bookeen Cybook).

I'll release a new beta of the software for Windows very soon.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 AM   #4
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I'll release a new beta of the software for Windows very soon.
Noooooooooooooooooooo Mac first please

Im fiddling with automator at the moment to get feeds into my 505 and can do most of the process except fetch the feeds, still have to do that manually.
But once i have feeds in a folder its easy to do automatically on connection of the reader.

What then would be good is a one button press that starts a download of all of my favourite RSS feeds.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote