Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Did Amazon change something again?

My sales on Amazon .com have pretty much dried up, as in 4 or 5 sales a month, but sales on .co.uk have increased. I know I write for a primarily UK audience, but the hells angels versus zombies one used to always do well in America.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
silvi
silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't know if this is anything to do with it, but something appears to be going on lately with Geo-targetting on Amazon Kindle pages.
I'm in Spain and even if I went to the UK version to purchase a book, I used to get transferred over to the dot com version, as seemed to be the norm. But just lately, I stay on the UK version and am even allowed to purchase from there.
(fingers crossed for me it stays that way).
silvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I wouldn't know as my sales are near zero anyway, particularly the last month.

Summertime?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I wouldn't know as my sales are near zero anyway, particularly the last month.

Summertime?
We have summer here as well, though it has been raining a lot. Surely people would buy more in summer? For when they go on holiday, or sit in the garden or whatever it is they do?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
We have summer here as well, though it has been raining a lot. Surely people would buy more in summer? For when they go on holiday, or sit in the garden or whatever it is they do?
I don't know how it works with books, but my software sales are always at their lowest in the summer. I think people are spending their money on holidays, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert