Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Blue Haired Alien Girlfriend - John H. Carroll

Hello all,

Blue Haired Alien Girlfriend is the first short story I wrote. It's available at the following stores.

Smashwords
Kobo
Apple
Amazon
Amazon UK
Amazon CA
B&N

Joshua is a manager at FishBurgers who walks home alone every evening. One night, he comes across an unusual young woman by the name of Mariella sitting on a bench. He's thrown for a loop when she tells him where she's from, but he doesn't mind. He doesn't mind the fact that she has blue hair either, in fact it makes her all that much more interesting.

The people around Joshua feel that he's a bit odd and know very little about him. Each comes to their own snap judgements about him.

Sometimes love can be a little quirky, sometimes it can be a lot quirky.

Last edited by John Carroll; 07-22-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: fixed images and removed broken links
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Johnn Carroll.

Take a moment to use the 'introduce yourself' link below and join us.

Enjoy the forums!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Johnn Carroll.

Take a moment to use the 'introduce yourself' link below and join us.

Enjoy the forums!
Done. Thank you for the welcome.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
John Carroll
kookoo

Wow, I haven't mentioned this since December 2010 when I first published it. Well, there have been some changes since then. I recently did a complete re-edit. The story is the same, but it reads much better.

I've also redone the cover, which is updated in the original post.

In my blog, I talk about the changes and the reason I wrote this book in the first place. http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/05/...irlfriend.html
Old 11-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
John Carroll
kookoo

I have made Blue Haired Alien Girlfriend permafree once more.

It's a bit of an odd story and not for everyone. You may or may not like it. As far as if you should read it, perhaps this review from Amazon will help:

By Pop Bop TOP 500 REVIEWER
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
This is a short story. That means no big world building, no convoluted plot, no great multi-generational saga. Just a mellow little study of a guy and his encounter with a girl who jostles him, however briefly, out of his airless little world.

It struck me as a nice, tidy little study. A character is created and sketched in. He interacts with a few other well imagined characters. Some things happen and he thinks about them. Then he moves on. In a few pages we have a world, a guy, a situation, and a bit of sad, mellow life that we didn't have before we read the story. The tone is calm, and everyone is just a bit flat, just a bit deflated. Like the main character, the whole story is just a bit quiet and tentative. That's fine by me.

And it's free, which the best thing ever.

**Currently, the story is free on all of the stores in the first post except for Sony, Diesel, Amazon UK and CA. Hopefully, it'll show up free in those soon. If all else fails, I always recommend Smashwords for every format.

Last edited by John Carroll; 11-07-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: italics to you
Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
John Carroll
kookoo

Have I mentioned that "Blue Haired Alien Girlfriend is the most downloaded Sci-fi short story on Smashwords?

http://www.smashwords.com/books/cate...f=johnhcarroll

It's the tenth most downloaded Sci-fi story overall.

Oh, and it's 119 out of all 174,000 books on Smashwords.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks John and Congrats!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
John Carroll
kookoo

Thanks Kenny. It's one of my favorites that I've written. Reviewers hammer me for the ending, but sometimes reviews don't matter. The ending is the way that it was supposed to be. It makes the reader (and writer) ache for more, to know what happened after that.

Tags
fantasy, humor, romance, science fiction