Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Question Newbie q about series and tags

I have been using Calibre exclusively to edit the metadata of my books and then using the Sony software to copy things over and create collections. Then, (insert long boring tale here of crashing 505s)...so now I want to start using Calibre exclusively.

I tested it out by adding series data to a few of my books and they went on very nicely to the reader. However, as well as the Collections I created using series data, I have the same books in a collection called, "unknown."

What did I do wrong? Is it because I didn't put a tag on them?
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
All series's are make into collections. All tags are make into collections as well. Do you have any tags called unknown?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
AHA! I didn't put the tag there MYSELF...but when I looked, sure enough these were labeled. Wonder how they got there?? Wonder why I didn't notice this myself? Thanks so much and sorry for the newb question.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Treo
The tags could've come from the metadata when you imported the book, or if you used the get metadata function.
myle00 is offline   Reply With Quote