Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #1
Aelfa
Aelfa began at the beginning.

Device: multiple
Question Managing cybook muse's collections with calibre

Hello,
I bought a cybook muse for my mother. Before, she had a kobo and used to automatically manage its collections with calibre. She tried to use Muse's file manager but she found this difficult. I wonder if it would be possible calibre automatically manages the muse’s collections as it did for kobo.

Thank you in advance for your response

Aelfa
Aelfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It would require two things:

1) For the collections on the device to be editable over a USB connection
2) For someone with the device to develop the device driver to do it in calibre

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-17-2016 at 10:56 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:20 AM   #3
mike_i
mike_i began at the beginning.

Device: Axim51v, Reb1100, Franklin EbookMan, etc....
It technically quite easy. All data about books and shelves placed in \system\library file, in standard SQLite format. Database structure is easy too, only 3 table to deal with:
t_shelf contains f_id_shelf - id of the record, f_name - name of shelf.
t_item contains f_id_item - id of the book in db, f_title - title
t_shelf_link contains f_item_id - points to t_item record and f_shelf_id - points to the shelf id.
I tried to manually add/modify delete shelf records with DB Browser for SQLite - works without any problem.

Unfortunately I am not a real programmer, so I hope somebody else can write the code
I put a copy of /system/library file in attachment in hope somebody might be interested to enhance calibre
Attached Files
File Type: zip library.zip (134.5 KB, 239 views)
mike_i is offline   Reply With Quote