Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by neadams99 View Post
I have an update:
The KF can do TTS from (sideloaded) Montano if you add the books in PDF format (which end up in the Docs folder). I usually add them in EPUB (using my public Library and Caliber to deDRM them first) and since I've spent so much time invested in amassing the collection I hate to walk away from it. Is there any way to have the TTS feature for EPUB titles or have Montano find them in the Books folder? It natively searches for the books in Docs.
I use Epub only and the TTS works just fine. Mantano will search for books on any folders you set up. I have a folder called epubs and have Mantano set to synch with that folder only.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Not my experience, I find CM7.1 awesome on the NC. And the battery drain issue was indeed fixed, please check your facts - it was one of the main features of 7.1.
I experienced battery drain with CM7.1. Overall, I found my nookcolor running better simply being autonootered than with any version of CM7. But I understand that many would rather have a newer version of Android than one that is more optimized.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I experienced battery drain with CM7.1. Overall, I found my nookcolor running better simply being autonootered than with any version of CM7. But I understand that many would rather have a newer version of Android than one that is more optimized.
same here
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:10 AM   #19
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
- Book extras!!!!
Downloading from the internet some information on characters, places, spoilers etc...

For the life of me, I can not understand why Amazon put that great feature into the iPad and iPhone kindle app, but not in their own devices (e-ink or kFire).
OK, maybe it is there and I just have not found it.

- Multiple column text reading when in landscape orientation.
IMO the most helpful reading mode on the iPad kindle app.

C'mon, those are not "rocket science" extras that would use expensive technology or difficult programming (I guess) but who make the overall experience nicer...

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
- Book extras!!!!
Downloading from the internet some information on characters, places, spoilers etc...

For the life of me, I can not understand why Amazon put that great feature into the iPad and iPhone kindle app, but not in their own devices (e-ink or kFire).
OK, maybe it is there and I just have not found it.

- Multiple column text reading when in landscape orientation.
IMO the most helpful reading mode on the iPad kindle app.

C'mon, those are not "rocket science" extras that would use expensive technology or difficult programming (I guess) but who make the overall experience nicer...

Best regards,
Andy

Those do sound nice! I want the brightness bar back from the standard stock app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 AM   #21
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Also, what about folders?

To organize your apps / books in? (Maybe they are there and I should RTFM).

On my iPad, I have about 3 screens just containing folders that are full with apps, no other way to organize it (given that the total number of screens is limited).

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote