Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
ToxicGreenGekko
ToxicGreenGekko began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
How can I use interactive pdf files on kobo aura?

Hello, I want to use the interactive 3.5 DnD character sheet PDF on my kobo aura, I would like to know how and if it is possible. I haven't tried using the adobe digital thing to upload it my kobo. Just want the know if that is what you do or if there is another way. Thank You.
ToxicGreenGekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
You'd get a better response in the main Kobo forum here; this sub forum is intended more for the Kobo Android based tablets.

I have a feeling that using that PDF on any of the Kobo eInk devices (Aura / Glo / Min / Touch / ... ) will not be very successful; while IMHO Kobo have great readers, their forte is in handing ePub format material, and NOT PDFs.

Expect to see some comments on using an alternate interface on the Kobo (KoReader).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't believe any E-Ink ereaders (except maybe some of the regular tablet ones) will support interactive PDFs -- I assume like form filling PDFs and the like?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Since the OP's post has nothing whatsoever to do with Kobo tablets - but rather with the Kobo Aura - the thread has been moved out of the sub-forum and into....

...the Kobo Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If you mean interactions like completing forms or other extensive text entry, ereaders without keyboards (like the Kobos) are not really adapted to such work. While Koreader is a much better PDF reader than the stock readers, it has to leave off some of the bells and whistles, that Adobe includes in the format.

Of course if you update the sheet(s) offline, say by pencil and then on your PC, you could read the sheets on your ereader. You could use Annotation or Koreader's Evernote plug-in, perhaps.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-09-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert