Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #616
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by read2much View Post
Yeah, they're books that are in the library and on the device.

I've had the debug mode on and haven't seen any errors – is there a specific log file I should be able to find?
I'm not expecting an error. But, I need to see what it is and isn't being processed. I tend to stare at these logs until an inconsistency or pattern emerges. Often it is what is missing that is the clue.

For the log, just restart in debug mode, fetch the annotations and close calibre and the log will be shown. Then post the full log or PM a link again.
Quote:
I can send the database. I'll PM you.
I'll try and look at it tonight. And can you give me the titles of some books that both get the annotations and miss them?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:53 AM   #617
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@read2much: I've looked at the files and database, and I can see the problem. The issue is that the internal file names in the books have spaces in them. And you are using kepubs. In some places, Kobo has chosen to encode the names, so spaces appear as "%20" and in other places they don't do this.

I'll have to think about how to handle this. At the moment, kepub and epubs are handled pretty much the same. Looks like I'll have to change that.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:08 AM   #618
read2much
read2much began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
That's interesting. All of the books in my library are EPUBs, so that conversion must be taking place when I add them to the device.
read2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #619
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's interesting. All of the books in my library are EPUBs, so that conversion must be taking place when I add them to the device.
You are using the KoboTouchExtended driver. The whole purpose of the driver is to transform epubs to kepubs during the send. You can disable this and return to the built-in KoboTouch driver, but, bookmarking works a little better with kepubs than epubs.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:59 PM   #620
read2much

Ah, well, I'm an idiot – I added that a long time ago because I thought it was a better Kobo driver.

Anyway, is this something that will be addressed in the next update or am I out of luck for the foreseeable future?
Old 06-02-2019, 02:38 AM   #621
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ah, well, I'm an idiot – I added that a long time ago because I thought it was a better Kobo driver.
An alternative, not better. And most of its function it inherits from the built-in driver.
Quote:
Anyway, is this something that will be addressed in the next update or am I out of luck for the foreseeable future?
The attached beta should fix it. I had to change the way it looks for annotations on the Kobo devices. Unfortunately, it will probably be a little slower. Not much as I cleaned up some other code.

There is another change with how new annotations are merged with existing annotations. It generally worked, but I found some circumstances were they were replaced, or some structure was lost.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-03-2019 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #622
read2much

Works great, thank you!
Old 06-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #623
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You are using the KoboTouchExtended driver. The whole purpose of the driver is to transform epubs to kepubs during the send. You can disable this and return to the built-in KoboTouch driver, but, bookmarking works a little better with kepubs than epubs.
What difference is the regular driver and explicitly using the kepub output conversion plug in? Maybe time saving if you have a number of Kobo ereaders? Any other difference apart from the Extended Driver CSS option? I mean do both methods create the same kepub? Maybe not if one is using an existing epub as source and the other is going direct from docx / RTF / HTML etc, though maybe Calibre creates an epub first, I've not used the kepub output conversion plug in.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #624
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
What difference is the regular driver and explicitly using the kepub output conversion plug in? Maybe time saving if you have a number of Kobo ereaders? Any other difference apart from the Extended Driver CSS option? I mean do both methods create the same kepub? Maybe not if one is using an existing epub as source and the other is going direct from docx / RTF / HTML etc, though maybe Calibre creates an epub first, I've not used the kepub output conversion plug in.
Firstly, the only CSS option in the extended driver is actually part of the built-in KoboTouch driver. There is a small change in how it works, but only in where it can get the extra CSS file from.

As to changing the book to kepub, the extended driver mainly wraps the text of the books in spans with the appropriate classes and ids. The conversion runs the full calibre conversion pipeline. That means it can change just about anything. But, it should be roughly the same as doing an epub-to-epub conversion followed sending the book to the device using the extended driver. It won't be identical, but I don't think the differences will be important.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:00 PM   #625
aliyahbd
aliyahbd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I'm having trouble importing annotations from Goodreader. The error message reads: "Unable to parse annotation summary from GoodReader. Paste entire contents of emailed summary".

I'm thinking this might have something to do with recent updates to GoodReader that might have changed the format that it exports annotation summaries in. Here's a sample of what the email text looks like:

Quote:
File: Povinelli_Geontologies.pdf

Annotation summary:

--- Page 2 ---

Highlight (color #FACD5A), Aliyah:
but rather she contrasted the latter to the classical Greek division between public and private realms.
Grateful for any advice.
aliyahbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 PM   #626
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliyahbd View Post
I'm having trouble importing annotations from Goodreader. The error message reads: "Unable to parse annotation summary from GoodReader. Paste entire contents of emailed summary".

I'm thinking this might have something to do with recent updates to GoodReader that might have changed the format that it exports annotation summaries in. Here's a sample of what the email text looks like:
Can you post the full error message? Click the details button and you should see more. Then click the copy button to copy it to the clipboard and paste that. That should give me a better idea of what the problem is. Plus it tells me things like what calibre version, and what plugin version you are using.

I don't use Goodreader, so having the full contents of email would be handy. It could be the overall format, or it could be something in a specific annotation that is the problem. Can you PM me the annotations?
Old 07-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #627
LunarPierro
LunarPierro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm having a problem when importing annotations from PDF's. The plugin exports highlights from mobi, azw3 and kfx books just fine, but didnt from any PDF book, they simply don't appear on the import list. When using calibre's Fetch annotations feature, it does show the notes from the pdf's. I'm using Voyage, any help?
LunarPierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #628
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The plugin doesn't include PDF in the list of supported formats for the Kindle. I'm not sure why as that part was written by someone else. I'll add it and post a beta over the weekend to try. I'll also check the calibre code in case there is something different about them.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #629
LunarPierro
LunarPierro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks, I'll be sure to try it out!
LunarPierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 PM   #630
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Fetch annotations for PDFs on Kindles

Attached is a beta that adds support for fetching annotations for PDFs from Kindles. I cannot test this as I do not have a Kindle. And I don't know why the person who wrote the code for Kindles, didn't include PDFs. I doubt it will cause a problem, but, please test and tell me how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (671.8 KB, 196 views)

Tags
sampleexportingapp