Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Replacing books messes with MacOS file system

This has been a minor issue, on and off, for some time.

If I import an optimized pdf copy of a book over another pdf copy, MacOS doesn't recognize the changed file sizes, and disk utility considers this a form of corruption.

If I remove another pdf copy, and then import an optimized pdf copy to replace it, MacOS usually recognizes the changed file sizes, but not always.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
bagpiper1
Banned
bagpiper1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2 and Kobo Aura ONE
Are you using the Darwin terminal UNIX command line ? I am guessing you are not.
bagpiper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 09:22 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
No, I am using Calibre.

In the 1st case, importing a converted pdf over a non-optimized one, and in the 2nd case, removing the pdf format, and the importing a converted pdf.

I keep the original pdfs on an external disk. I use either k2pdfopt or ghostscript to convert pdfs so they open faster on the Mac, and open on the Kindle.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug report, calibre, macos