Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 AM   #1741
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Magic Shifts is the 8th (per the blurb, but there are a lot of novellas and stuff, so it really depends on how you count) in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. In any case, whatever the number, it has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. Books in this series don't go on sale all that often, so grab it if you want it. I don't read a whole lot of romance, and even less paranormal romance, but I've enjoyed this series a lot, so happy to see this one on sale.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQSF7GY
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/magic-shifts

Spoiler:
Quote:
Magic is coming and going in waves in post-Shift Atlanta—and each crest leaves danger in its wake in this gripping novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling Kate Daniels series.

After breaking from life with the Pack, mercenary Kate Daniels and her mate—former Beast Lord Curran Lennart—are adjusting to a very different pace. While they’re thrilled to escape all the infighting, Kate and Curran know that separating from the Pack completely is a process that will take time.

But when they learn that their friend Eduardo has gone missing, Kate and Curran shift their focus to investigate his disappearance. As they dig further into the merc’s business, they discover that the Mercenary Guild has gone to hell and that Eduardo’s recent assignments are connected in the most sinister way…

An ancient enemy has arisen, and Kate and Curran are the only ones who can stop it—before it takes their city apart piece by piece.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:40 AM   #1742
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Not one of my personal faves, but the first book in Nalini Singh's Rock Kiss series, Rock Addition, is again currently free
Spoiler:
New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh stuns with a sizzling contemporary romance…A bad boy wrapped in a sexy, muscled, grown-up package might be worth a little risk…

Molly Webster has always followed the rules. After an ugly scandal tore apart her childhood and made her the focus of the media’s harsh spotlight, she vowed to live an ordinary life. No fame. No impropriety. No pain. Then she meets Zachary Fox, a tattooed bad boy rocker with a voice like whiskey and sin, and a touch that could become an addiction.

A one-night stand with the hottest rock star on the planet, that’s all it was meant to be…

Fox promises scorching heat and dangerous pleasure, coaxing Molly to extend their one-night stand into a one-month fling. After that, he’ll be gone forever, his life never again intersecting with her own. Sex and sin and sensual indulgence, all with an expiration date. No ties, no regrets. Too late, Molly realizes it isn’t only her body that’s become addicted to Fox, but her heart…

Kobo

iTunes

B&N

Amazon

Note: the book is self-published and not available at Google Play (her self-published books are not at Google Play. Nalini was one of the authors who was having her books uploaded by scammers back in May 2015 that caused Google Play to suspend all new self-published accounts. So new (or newly self-published) authors who did not already have an account at Google Play in good standing can no longer sign up for an account to upload books.)
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2018, 03:59 AM   #1743
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, not one of my favorite series, either, but one and two are manageable for me, the others.. not so much, I don't like so much angst and bad behavior.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:32 PM   #1744
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Loose Screws by Karen Templeton (D/1 star)

Purchased:
None

Disappointed there are no Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers on Google Play for digital books.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #1745
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Weaver Takes a Wife is the first in Sheri Cobb South's Weaver series. It is free right now at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H15FWCL
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...takes-a-wife-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
Haughty Lady Helen Radney is one of London's most beautiful women and the daughter of a duke, but her sharp tongue has frightened away most of her suitors. When her father gambles away his fortune, the duke's only chance for recouping his losses lies in marrying off Lady Helen to any man wealthy enough to take a bride with nothing to recommend her but a lovely face and an eight-hundred-year-old pedigree. Enter Mr. Ethan Brundy, once an illegitimate workhouse orphan, now owner of a Lancashire textile mill and one of England's richest men. When he glimpses Lady Helen at Covent Garden Theatre, he is instantly smitten and vows to marry her. But this commonest of commoners will have his work cut out for him if he hopes to win the heart of his aristocratic bride.
Advert
Old 11-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #1746
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
I'm just so bummed about Harlequin's decision. My mom has tried to read on a tablet but it hurts her eyes. I got her a nice kobo reader that she loves. She reads the intrigue books and she will go through their website and sent me a book list and I'll buy for her and then load them for her.

I was able to take advantage of the specials Harlequin ran and use their reward program. I've started buying at kobo for her since they do have a point award system. Is there any other place that has an point program where I can help save her a little money?
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #1747
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dusty View Post
I'm just so bummed about Harlequin's decision. My mom has tried to read on a tablet but it hurts her eyes. I got her a nice kobo reader that she loves. She reads the intrigue books and she will go through their website and sent me a book list and I'll buy for her and then load them for her.

I was able to take advantage of the specials Harlequin ran and use their reward program. I've started buying at kobo for her since they do have a point award system. Is there any other place that has an point program where I can help save her a little money?
Dunno about points programs for FREE books, but for PAID books, you could do several things to earn cash back or points via your purchases:
  • Register as an affiliate at the sites where you buy books and then earn affiliate revenues for each book you buy,
  • Purchase books using the credit cards that earn the most cash back and/or points at that site (On October 5, 2018, tubemonkey compiled a list of cash back/points/rewards cards titled, "Discount Programs 2018", in his Black Friday 2018 forum)
  • Purchase books through portals where you'll earn the most points/miles (see www.cashbackmonitor.com)
  • Snag promo deals, such as Kobo's current Give a Friend $8 and Get $16 deal
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #1748
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I do Google Rewards and Quick Thoughts. Any other surveys are too time consuming. The key with Google Rewards is to install it on all Android devices. For some reason even though it's the same account one device may get a survey and another device may not. Weird right? If you travel leave Google location on and you get more. I make enough for a free book, pay my TextNow premium $3 subscription each month so about $10+ a Month some months are better than others.

Quick Thoughts only does $10 Amazon gift cards. When I actually do it daily I can make $20+ a month.

Swagbucks is just not worth it anymore. There's Ebates but I've never use them.

Entangled publishing has a rewards program but only if you purchase from their site.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-26-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #1749
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Froide and Blossom. I'll check these out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2018, 08:54 PM   #1750
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Ebates is also owned by Rakuten, the same company that owns Kobo. Currently they only give 2.5% but it fluctuates throughout the year. I use them regularly.

I'm still doing Swagbucks, but they only do device purchases at Kobo now so it's not worth it for books (I still get Target and Amazon gift cards, so it's worth the hour or hour-and-a-half a day I spend doing it).

If you join the Kobo VIP program you earn twice as many points. I wouldn't do it for $10 but they regularly have 50% off codes so for $5 per year I find it worth it.

Like Blossom, I do Google Rewards. I only have it on my phone and not my tablet. Now that I have a new tablet, I'll look into putting it on there.

If you buy the Harlequin books at Kobo you can still submit your receipt and get points for the Harlequin My Rewards program. That's what I plan to do, though heaven only knows what I'll spend the points on. But it's just a matter of sending an email so why not (actually it's even easier if you have the same email account at both Kobo and Harlequin. I don't so always have to forward the receipt to myself first which throws off their automated credit system).
Old 11-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #1751
3dusty
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
If you buy the Harlequin books at Kobo you can still submit your receipt and get points for the Harlequin My Rewards program. That's what I plan to do, though heaven only knows what I'll spend the points on. But it's just a matter of sending an email so why not (actually it's even easier if you have the same email account at both Kobo and Harlequin. I don't so always have to forward the receipt to myself first which throws off their automated credit system).
I hadn't thought of that, but she doesn't read print books anymore because the type is too small and since we can't download any ebooks on to her Kobo, like you said, don't know what we'd use the points for.

I will check out ebates. I'm learning new things.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 PM   #1752
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Three Ilona Andrews titles are £0.99 at Kindle UK:

Wildfire, Hidden Legacy #3: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MDTF1A9

Magic Bleeds, Kate Daniels # 4: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DYCWVYY

Magic Slays, Kate Daniels # 5: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DYD35JI

Also, everyone else may already know this, but I just noticed that Gordon and Ilona are doing a free serialization of the next title in their Innkeeper series (my favorite series of theirs), Sweep of the Blade. Once it's finished, they are going to polish it up, including giving it a little more heat (which I don't really care whether they do or not), and put it on sale, at which point, the serialization will no longer be free. They're pretty close to the end, I suspect, so if you want to read the freebie, you should do it pretty soon. The bits have been coming roughly weekly, usually on Fridays, but occasionally disrupted by various things going on in the authors' lives.

Sweep of the Blade serialization: http://innkeeper.ilona-andrews.com/c...ade/?order=asc
Old 11-30-2018, 11:44 PM   #1753
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Also, everyone else may already know this, but I just noticed that Gordon and Ilona are doing a free serialization of the next title in their Innkeeper series (my favorite series of theirs), Sweep of the Blade. Once it's finished, they are going to polish it up, including giving it a little more heat (which I don't really care whether they do or not), and put it on sale, at which point, the serialization will no longer be free. They're pretty close to the end, I suspect, so if you want to read the freebie, you should do it pretty soon. The bits have been coming roughly weekly, usually on Fridays, but occasionally disrupted by various things going on in the authors' lives.

Sweep of the Blade serialization: http://innkeeper.ilona-andrews.com/c...ade/?order=asc
I've been collecting the pieces for months and assembling them into an ebook. A hobby which is unlikely to stop me from buying the final release. This project has gone way over the novella length originally mentioned. I do miss the comments that were posted to the earlier segments but I can understand why commenting had to be removed. It is nice of them to place that "I FOUND A TYPO" at the end of each segment--it makes deleting some of the dross so much easier.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:01 AM   #1754
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, I'm doing the same and, as @sufue has said, I think it's going to finish real soon.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:35 AM   #1755
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Harlequin is doing their 25 days of Christmas again this year.

I probably won't buy any books since they're doing that must-read-in-app thing.

Day 1 is a calendar. You get both the sweet and sexy versions in a PDF.

Wonder if they will have anything as bizarre as 2016's one-armed paper dolls. We shall see

Last edited by library addict; 12-01-2018 at 01:37 AM.