Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
philipha
philipha began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Same block_ - different outcomes

Dear all

I am trying to format an ePub file with a book of mine. It looks as expected in Sigil and the Calibre eBook management software. However, when transferred to iBooks on an iPad Air, the font style is messed up for the headings in some of the index_splits. This is even if I use the same block_ number as in other index_splits, where the font looks as expected.

What could be wrong? I am a newbie in this whole programming business.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
philipha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
If some fonts aren't rendered correctly, you'll most likely need to add a com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file to the META-INF folder. For more information see this website.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #3
philipha
philipha began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Dear Doitsu

Thanks for the help. I tried but it did not fully solved the problem. I kept the modification to the epub document, though. I tried adding some lines of separation which the iPad was very fond of. It seems to work now :-)
philipha is offline   Reply With Quote