Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
poorconsumer
poorconsumer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Apps for the boyue likebook mars

I got a boyue likebook mars a little ago, and I was wondering if you guys know of any apps that work well with this reader, like an alternative reading app or a manga/comic app. One example that comes to mind is koreader.

I'm aware that I can install stuff from the playstore, but I've noted that the vast majority of it doesn't work very well. I heard that onyx devices have their own store for e-ink optimized apps. Is there anything like this for the mars?
poorconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:04 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Check out this thread for apps the are E-ink friendly.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:55 AM   #3
azw409
Enthusiast
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
I tried KOReader and wasn't that impressed TBH. Moon+Reader and Kindle both work well. Google Chrome works fine in A2 mode. I also use a couple of UK newspaper apps: The Guardian and The Telegraph and these also work well although the The Guardian is by far the better for eInk.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
I really like Kiwix on my Lifebook Mars. I basically have offloaded all of Wikipedia up until 2017 which is about 50 gigs (still have 70+ on the microsd for audio and books). It's nice to have encyclopedia like reading offline and the search works well whether I suddenly hear someone talking about Miles Davis on the subway and I want to read about him to geography to architecture to philosophical arguments.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, apps, boyue likebook mars, google playstore