Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Talking Going to a concert!

Tomorrow I'm going to see my most favorite band of all time, AC/DC. I'm so excited I don't even want to go to sleep!

I've never seen them in concert before, even though they have been my favorite for over ten years (I'm almost 25). My sister is 43 and she has seen them several times.

Much as it pains me, I'm going to leave my reader at the hotel during the show.

banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I am SO jealous! I've loved this band since ..... well won't give away age - but WOW!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I am SO jealous! I've loved this band since ..... well won't give away age - but WOW!
They are doing three shows here in Japan, one was Friday, one is Sunday, and one is... later this week sometime in Osaka which is too far from here to worry about. I don't think the one I'm going to is even sold out. I'm not sure how much of a following they have in Japan.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Cool beans! Youʻll have a blast!

(I was going to say BANG YOUR HEAD, but totally had the wrong group there.... whoops)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
My son went to Wembley to see them, June last year .....

He never had any taste in music either

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i hope you had a great time banjobama ! i know just how you feel ; i got to see Tom Waits in concert a couple of years ago, i can't even tell you how excited i was. he's my hero.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Banjobama - hope you have a blast. Good idea leaving the reader behind - it might just fall out of your pocket while rocking around.

I didn't go to the concerts here (I try to preserve the little hearing I got left) but from what I heard from friends it was AWESOME.

Go and rock you good thing
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
banjobama
Busy Read'n

Thanks everybody, it was fun! My ears are still ringing to prove it!

It was a lot different here than in the States. The show was supposed to start at 5, and AC/DC were on stage by 5:30. The show was over in two hours, and there was no "mosh pit" or anything like that. They didn't search anyone's bag for drugs, booze, or cameras. In the States they'd practically strip-search everyone going in, and as soon as the lights were off, people would be smoking cigarettes and grass and whatever else. But nobody was doing any bad stuff at all in Tokyo. Also, no headliner band in the States would be on as early as 5.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, but those are just some differences.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
The show was over in two hours, and there was no "mosh pit" or anything like that.
What is a "mosh pit"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What is a "mosh pit"?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosh_pit

Only for the young & those who don't mind being groped!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
You can mosh to AC/DC??
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
banjobama
Busy Read'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
You can mosh to AC/DC??
Every show I've ever been to, people moshed if there was room coupled with low risk of getting thrown out of the place. Not like that's a whole lot of shows, but maybe that's just telling of the kind of places I hang out/shows I went to.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
You can mosh to AC/DC??
Given enough people, momentum, alcohol, and/or other mind altering substance you can probably mosh to just about anything.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Every show I've ever been to, people moshed if there was room coupled with low risk of getting thrown out of the place. Not like that's a whole lot of shows, but maybe that's just telling of the kind of places I hang out/shows I went to.
The shows that I attend are generally classical orchestral concerts. I've never seen it done there, strangely enough.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
banjobama
Busy Read'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The shows that I attend are generally classical orchestral concerts. I've never seen it done there, strangely enough.
I think this is a sign that you should be the first.