Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-27-2008, 01:50 AM   #46
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrimm View Post
But how WELL does it support pdf, is my question. I have tried the Palm TX, the Sony, etc. To date, the best pdf support I have found in a mobile device (for standard pdf's distilled for the desktop) is the nokia n810. It's small enough to carry around easily, and desktop-sized pdf's are very legible on it. Plays movies well, too. Wish it would read .chm's without decompiling.

Sort of annoying- carry a clunky laptop around, and you are able to watch movies, read pdf's, connect to the net. Can't do all of this with just one of the smaller devices.....

I am still very disappointed with the Sony reader's "pdf support." When are they going to fix this problem? I bought deskUNPDF, but conversion to .lrf with this software still has formatting problems....
Sorry to meander a fair bit but my experience with the N8x0 & PDF's is just the opposite...the display is simply too small to support most PDF's w/o a significant amount of horizontal scrolling...and no handleld out right now really does a good job of PDF support. Of course that usually lies at the feet of whoever created the PDF but also with Adobe and their tools for PDF reading and/or creation.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:31 AM   #47
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Well, with the... let's say... interesting character of the comparison page (unprofessional in many ways, a bunch of lies in others) I don't care how good the product seemed to be (and, I don't think it looks good - it looks like a crippled device looking to get into the ebook market and grab a quick buck from people who don't know any better and heard about other ebook readers.) I'd not want anything to do with this company.

If you can't bother to be honest and professional in such comparisons, and having had both a Kindle and Sony Reader I know what a load it all is, then... ffpt.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2008, 02:36 AM   #48
mikev
mikev began at the beginning.

Device: ECTACO jetBook e-Book Reader
If some of you want to see ECTACO jetBook e-Book Reader in all screen click here:
http://www.cz-slovnik.cz/ectaco_jetb...picture_1.html
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book reader, ectaco, jetbook, lcd