Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Caseyknox
Caseyknox began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Mobi files to big for emailing to kindle. How do I zip them?

So I have emailed all my books over to amazon kindle which has taken me days due to the amount of them. But help here has been great so thank you.

My next question is that I now have about 50 books that are over the mb size to be emailed to kindle. It has been mentioned at I need to zip the files to send them over. The thing is I have tried to look in the user manual but I have no idea how to do this.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Caseyknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Hi
To zip anything just find it on your computer (I am assuming windows here....) if you are in calibre left click on "click to open" in the book info to find the file, then right click on the filename and you will get various options already built in to windows. One of them will be to "send to". mouse over this then left click on compressed folder. You have just zipped a single file in the same folder as your original file.
of course, it might still be too big........

Or you could just sideload the big files with a USB cable.....

piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
How big are the files? The Send to Kindle app can be used instead of email and it allows up to 50 MB per file.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I read some more posts by Caseyknox after my reply above. Looks like he/she is using a kindle app rather than a physical kindle. Will send to kindle work for this? If not will a USB to IPad connection allow the transfer?
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote