Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
Shaleen77
Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS 650
are microUSB toUSB cables universal ?

Hello Everyone

I recently purchased the LG Optimus G Pro E988 mobile, which came with just one microUSB to USB cable. Its microUSB end connects to the G Pro and the USB end can either be plugged into the wall charger to charge the phone or it can be plugged into the PC USB port to transfer data from PC to the G Pro.

I have 3 Sony PRS-650 readers, each of which came with a microUSB to USB cables, for using to sideload ebooks from the PC onto the Reader.

Can I use the data cable of my Sony Reader to transfer data from the PC to the G Pro ? Are there any problems likely ?

Are these microUSB to USB data cables similar for all devices or specific for the device they accompany ?

Has anyone tried this before ?

Shaleen
Shaleen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
they are all the same. it is a standard spec.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I recently used the usb cable from my mp3 player to transfer books to my Sony prs 505. The ends fitted the pc and reader and the transfer was successful. So if the parts fit, give it a try.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
roodap
roodap began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
if want to buy new cable for my sony prs-505 how should i specify it.
all mini usb micro usb A B and what nots are all confusing !
i request someone help me to specify it
just cable for prs-505 i do not get any results
roodap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
go to ebay - look at the pictures!

the's only 2 types - mini & micro - they are so cheap you could just buy one of each, if unsure
A refers to the standard flat shape that goes into your PC. B is the squarish shape that fits most USB printers

male & female ( for plugs) is sort of self explanatory - if it has a sticking out bit it's a male !
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #6
gurion
gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2o
PRS-505 needs mini-USB cable.
It's a little bigger (squarish plug) than smaller (flatter end) micro-USB cable used by PRS-650
gurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
roodap

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11400...E:L:OC:IN:3160

i have ordered the above shown cable. hope it will work for me

Last edited by roodap; 02-12-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:55 AM   #8
Shaleen77
Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

PRS-650 are microUSB to USB cables universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
they are all the same. it is a standard spec.
Thanks Cybmole

Its reassuring to know.

Shaleen
Old 02-13-2014, 05:34 AM   #9
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I use the micro usb charger/data cable that came with an old phone for all my devices with no problems.. for charging your device will regulate the current drawn ....for data transfer it depends.. if your device follows standards then it should be no problem.... at least on windoze....the device makers will try and scare you into buying their grossly over priced chargers/data cables....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
bla, don't try to charge the 505 with a usb cable, it really does need a charger but you can use any 5.2V charger, many here use that for the Sony PSP.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #11
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
go to ebay - look at the pictures!

the's only 2 types - mini & micro - they are so cheap you could just buy one of each, if unsure
A refers to the standard flat shape that goes into your PC. B is the squarish shape that fits most USB printers

male & female ( for plugs) is sort of self explanatory - if it has a sticking out bit it's a male !
I bought one of those "bundle" of cables with different end fittings, all terminating in a USB plug fitting, as a 'mergency spare, for about £3 ($2?) from Amazon, and it works just fine - on practically every gizmo I've got !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #12
roodap

i got 2 nos of the cables. they fit and work correctly.
the original cable has a filter like thing towards the reader end near the mini usb connector
the new cables do not have anything except the usb and mini usb connectors on each end of the cable.
what is significant if any of the filter or whatever it is ?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #13
Shaleen77

Hi All

Thought I'd report back. Tried it last weekend and yes the data cable works fine. what a relief!!!

Thanks

Shaleen