Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
cfc
cfc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350
Fictonwise multiformat books?

Has anyone tried loading one of the multiformat books from Fictionwise onto the Kindle?
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yes. I tried an issue of Asimov's in PRC. The Kindle read it, but the table of contents did not work.

The problem is likely related to how they generated the file.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I wonder what the problem is? I read "Asimov's" myself and the TOC works fine on both the iLiad and the Gen3.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I wonder what the problem is? I read "Asimov's" myself and the TOC works fine on both the iLiad and the Gen3.
Worked fine on my desktop, too.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Worked fine on my desktop, too.
Nate, should not you change this line: Kindle coming soon?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
cfc
cfc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350
Nate, thanks for the response. I was a little worried because I read that the mobipocket file had to have no DRM at all. The Fictionwise web site mentions that printing and speak aloud? were disabled. I was concerned that that might be considered some type of DRM.

It's comforting to know that I'll have over a hundred books available to read on my Kindle when it arrives!!!

Carl
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote