Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 04:29 AM   #451
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
JSWolf,
to be honest, I didn't really understand the question. This is obvious and can be seen in librmsdk.so.1. 0. 0. yaml

Avenir and Georgia
What I am asking is what fonts that come loaded with the firmware are not used at all. Not used in the GUI and not used in the reading apps for serif and sans-serif. What fonts could be removed and have zero effect on the system?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #452
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I wrote above which are used. All others, therefore, can be deleted.

And
Sans-serifJP
Sans-SerifZH-Simplified
Sans-SerifZH-Traditional
you hardly need it.

When you delete them, Japanese and Chinese languages will no longer appear in the menu, probably.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 05:33 PM   #453
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Is it possible to create a patch to disable the download confirmation (and open choice dialog) when downloading ebooks via the web browser?

Downloading books via the web browser works relatively well, but those confirmation dialogs get old very quickly when one wants to download multiple books in a session.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #454
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Might it be possible to create a patch to make author sort case insensitive? I read fanfics and a lot of the user names use random cases. Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:26 AM   #455
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Might it be possible to create a patch to make author sort case insensitive? I read fanfics and a lot of the user names use random cases. Thanks!
I think it would be a good idea to fix the problem before ou send it to your Kobo.
Advert
Old 01-19-2020, 10:54 AM   #456
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think it would be a good idea to fix the problem before ou send it to your Kobo.
Not always possible as I often transfer from mobile devices to readers (usually by way of cloud service or remote server+beta browser).

Besides, I don't consider random case user names a problem that needs fixing. Changing it from original would bug me more than the current case sensitive author sort.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #457
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Not always possible as I often transfer from mobile devices to readers (usually by way of cloud service or remote server+beta browser).

Besides, I don't consider random case user names a problem that needs fixing.
It would be sort of like referring to Jon as @Jswolf.
Quote:
Changing it from original would bug me more than the current case sensitive author sort.
I'm not a fan of case sensitive sorting like this. What makes it worse is that the sorting is inconsistent. The authors list is case sensitive, but sorting by author in the book lists is not.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:17 AM   #458
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Patch request: Hide the Kobo Store item in the search drop down menu. Doesn't make sense for it to be there if someone has chosen to hide it in the main menu as well (well, unless they want it to be, lol).
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #459
die
die can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one
If I change all the values except the 24 lines where is written "these 2 following patches are alternatives" the result not works at all. Are there any other patches that can creates conflict? Wich of them are safe? can someone give me an alternative already modded of the
libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml
and
libadobe.so
and
librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml
and
nickel.yaml files ??

I really don't get which one makes conflict when I change from "enable: no" to "enable: yes" patches. I did it so many times. I am tired
die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:01 PM   #460
Rnway
Rnway began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Is there any way to prevent ever setting a 0% backlight? I do most of my reading in the dark, and if the device boots to the home screen with 0% backlight, it's almost impossible to get to that menu to enable it again without having to turn on a light in the room.

In an ideal world, I would love to be able to set the backlight to always be a minimum of 1% during the "Bedtime" that's set in the night mode settings, and 0% otherwise but I assume that's not really possible.

I'm okay with having the brightness stuck at 1% even in daylight though.
Rnway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #461
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Stupid workaround in the meantime: the vertical swipe on the left edge gesture that controls the frontlight can come in handy, since finding the left edge by feel should be doable .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #462
Rnway
Rnway began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That's great inside a book, but doesn't seem to work on the main menu. (That's been true for as long as I can remember).

Is it supposed to work on the menu?
Rnway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #463
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnway View Post
Is there any way to prevent ever setting a 0% backlight? I do most of my reading in the dark, and if the device boots to the home screen with 0% backlight, it's almost impossible to get to that menu to enable it again without having to turn on a light in the room.

In an ideal world, I would love to be able to set the backlight to always be a minimum of 1% during the "Bedtime" that's set in the night mode settings, and 0% otherwise but I assume that's not really possible.

I'm okay with having the brightness stuck at 1% even in daylight though.
Instead of turning on a light in the room, use your cell phone get enough light to see the screen.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #464
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Instead of turning on a light in the room, use your cell phone get enough light to see the screen.
But then I'd need the lights on to find/grab the phone without causing an avalanche of stuff from the side table.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #465
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
But then I'd need the lights on to find/grab the phone without causing an avalanche of stuff from the side table.
I always put my phone in the same place on my night table. I can easily grab it in the dark.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests