Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #31
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(you should really include a talking dog though. seriously. what good is fiction without a talking dog ??)
maybe if it doesn't talk it could do sign language - although that may not work in a book......
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #32
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
More importantly, is there paper in the outhouse????
You can always print later...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #33
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

(it will be available as an ebook, right ?)

(you should really include a talking dog though. seriously. what good is fiction without a talking dog ??)
If I ever finish it it will be CC and published here first, and probably last. I write just to have fun and have no fantasies aobut publishing.

The satire is a bit narrower for this story, but there may be some sort of sentient animal-type thingie. I just don't want to get too close to Brass Monkey territory here.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
If I ever finish it it will be CC and published here first, and probably last. I write just to have fun and have no fantasies aobut publishing.

Quote:
The satire is a bit narrower for this story, but there may be some sort of sentient animal-type thingie. I just don't want to get too close to Brass Monkey territory here.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #35
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tales of the Gold Monkey, which was originally aired as Brass Monkey for the pilot episode. Best. Damn. TV show. EVER!!!!
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah. don't know it.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #37
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Tales of the Gold Monkey, which was originally aired as Brass Monkey for the pilot episode. Best. Damn. TV show. EVER!!!!
Well that had me completely confused. Brass Monkey Territory to me is a reference to your winters, specifically where it is very cold. See Brass Monkey for more explanation.

So I thought you were planning emigration to Mexico.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #38
pshrynk

No, Harv and Vera leave Brass Monkey Territory, aka The IceBox in the upcoming saga, The Beginning: When Harv Met Vera.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #39
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
You can always print later...
Printing would be the least of the worries....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #40
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
...Now, I'm playing around with making them an actual collection and trimming up the plots here and there. AND, I'm working on a publishable novel about someone vaguely Harv-like.
Yeah, like big, hairy chicken bollocks, you are. You're fart-arsing around Mexico like HST-on-a-highway (sorry, Fear and Loathing... came up and it tends to stick for a bit). Now you get back to looking out for decent postcards to send.

Quote:
Probably won't have an actual talking dog, but who knows?
What? Then who the bloody hell are you going to have narrate? The gibbon? I don't think anyone understands his language, and even if they did, ebooks can't reproduce the [thunk!] of a banana hitting someone's forehead.

Cheers,
Marc (I think you should call the dog "Belvedere")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Yeah, like big, hairy chicken bollocks, you are. You're fart-arsing around Mexico like HST-on-a-highway (sorry, Fear and Loathing... came up and it tends to stick for a bit). Now you get back to looking out for decent postcards to send.

What? Then who the bloody hell are you going to have narrate? The gibbon? I don't think anyone understands his language, and even if they did, ebooks can't reproduce the [thunk!] of a banana hitting someone's forehead.

Cheers,
Marc (I think you should call the dog "Belvedere")
i like it.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #42
pshrynk

Well, SUmkIII has convinced me that I need the talking dog as co-pilot, so now I have to figure out how to write talking animals into the plot...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #43
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Well, SUmkIII has convinced me that I need the talking dog as co-pilot, so now I have to figure out how to write talking animals into the plot...
i wouldn't have expected to say this about someone who's not even a member, but thank goodness she's here !
Old 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #44
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Oh, Belvedere! Where are you, boy? Want to go for walkies? How 'bout a plane ride?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #45
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

Do what I did. Steal Philip Jose Farmer's backstory about talking dogs...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote