Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
PDF Font On A Kindle 3...

So I got a Kindle 3 and booted up a few PDFs. One of the first things I noticed was how crisp they came in, much better than if I actually took the time to convert them. That said I was very happy with the way they looked except for two serious problems. First is that I cant skip from chapter to chapter which Im not too thrilled about. The second and most important is the font. I noticed that while readable it is very small and Im pretty sure that once I sit down to read a whole book itll make my head hurt. Is there any way to make the font larger?
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
As far as size goes, there's the zoom function, and there's switching to landscape mode. Either will make the text appear bigger, though of course it won't actually adjust the font.

As far as chapters, unfortunately no.

The best you can do is maybe make a note as to on which pages the new chapters start, and Go To Page (or whatever it's called) for the one you want. Or if K3 has bookmarking function for PDF (I know it's got highlighting), make bookmarks for the chapters and do the View My Notes & Highlights to access them.

Another trick is to use the search function and tell it to look for "Chapter", but that only works if the PDF really is titled with chapters.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert