Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 05:29 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmeadow Kid View Post
Thank you! It worked great for me. All 7 books I've converted from DOCX to EPUB in Calibre renders the html differently. I can usually play with it and figure it out. But not tonight. I could get rid of the extra line by changing the html on the 'paragraph' above it, but that would change that one. No combination would work, until I found your solution above. Thanks! Jim.
Actually, you would be better not converting and actually learning HTML/CSS and figuring out what code is causing the blank lines and editing that. That's your best solution and it's a skill that will be good to know.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #32
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinom Bre View Post
Now here's MY problem. How do I get rid of blank lines in code view? I don't want them and don't need them, but the ebooks I edit seem bound and determined to put a blank line between each paragraph in code view. Very annoying.
That, and the indent with each new paragraph and other Prettyfying, I find to be a great help in "seeing" the structure of the epub. You may not need that sort of clue, but gosh, neither is it doing any harm!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert