Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 04:51 AM   #286
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur
Jiang Yuhan began at the beginning.

Device: New Kindle(558)
Emmmm,how can I make my kterm support simplified Chinese ?Thanks.
Jiang Yuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:12 AM   #287
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiang Yuhan View Post
Emmmm,how can I make my kterm support simplified Chinese ?Thanks.
Unfortunately it is impossible with current version of kterm's virtual keyboard.
And I don't think I will be able to implement such feature soon.

See also this github issue.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #288
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

Only Chinese cannot be input?Oh.........such a pity.
When I use irc,kTerm is unable to display Chinese(it just shows a lot of messy codes)........
I don't need type Chinese.I just want it to display Chinese correctly.

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-04-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #289
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What does kTerm do when you are viewing things on the Kindle?
Things like filenames or text files in Simplified Chinese.

The file system seen over USB is at /mnt/us/* when looking from inside (from kTerm) the full file system.
Put some Simplified Chinese names in visible USB storage using your PC, see if kTerm displays them (it should).

It may just be that irc is not wide-character capable, there might not be anything wrong with KTerm (other than not having a Chinese keyboard).

Last edited by knc1; 08-03-2017 at 09:53 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:41 AM   #290
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

ok,thanks
Old 08-04-2017, 01:45 AM   #291
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ok,thanks
I wanted you to tell us the results, not just say: "ok".

This is not a single direction flow of information, the people who use our information are expected to also provide information in exchange.
There is no such thing as a: "Free Lunch".
Old 08-04-2017, 03:50 AM   #292
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Regarding displaying Chinese characters knc1 is right. Terminal is capable of displaying it correctly (see attachment), but some programs may not be.

Remember that most programs on Kindle are Busybox substitutes, so even ls will not display Chinese names correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2017_08_04T09_59_36+0159.png
Views:	144
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	158244  
Old 08-04-2017, 05:53 AM   #293
baf
Evangelist

irssi

@Jiang Yuhan

You may try irssi. It may work with Chinese characters.
Try attached binary. Copy it to your Kindle and run it from kterm. I only checked if it starts but didn't try to connect. You may need to create some config file. You will have to check its manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2017_08_04T12_24_25+0159.png
Views:	145
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	158246  
Attached Files
File Type: zip irssi.zip (348.3 KB, 116 views)
Old 08-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #294
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I wanted you to tell us the results, not just say: "ok".
This is not a single direction flow of information, the people who use our information are expected to also provide information in exchange.
There is no such thing as a: "Free Lunch".
yeah.I've tired it.It does work.thanks.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #295
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
@Jiang Yuhan
You may try irssi. It may work with Chinese characters.
Try attached binary. Copy it to your Kindle and run it from kterm. I only checked if it starts but didn't try to connect. You may need to create some config file. You will have to check its manual.
Thanks a lot.I will try it.
edit:
yes,it works.I'm trying to figure out how to use it.

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-04-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #296
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

Now I wonder how to connect to irc.freenode.net.
edit:
succeed.

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-04-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #297
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

But how to autojoin and autoconnect?

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-05-2017 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:57 AM   #298
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-05-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #299
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanks a lot.I will try it.
edit:
yes,it works.I'm trying to figure out how to use it.
Quote:
Now I wonder how to connect to irc.freenode.net.
edit:
succeed.
Great!
Now tell us what you did.

Posting the information like that is the price you have to pay for help here.
Quote:
But how to autojoin and autoconnect?
Once you have shared what you have had to do so far in enough detail that other readers could do the same.
Quote:
PS.Can you differentiate between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese?
There is no special distinction made here, the distinction is the standard one in the handling of the Chinese language in computerization.

There is no mandatory connection between the encoding and the character set.

As a matter of common practice, the Simplified Chinese character set uses GB ("Guobiao") encoding.
GB is the official standard of the People's Republic of China.

As a matter of common practice, the Traditional Chinese character set uses Big5 encoding.
The primary user of Big5 encoding is the Republic of China (a.k.a: Taiwan, formerly known as Formosa).
It is also used in Hong Kong and Macau.

Why?
You can probably see a pattern forming here as a matter of history.

Last edited by knc1; 08-06-2017 at 08:39 AM. Reason: GFWC
Old 08-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #300
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

....ok.nothing.peace.

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-05-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, terminal emulator