Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 06:30 AM   #121
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
It has the 5.10.0.2 firmware. Is that the latest version?
You should manualy update to the latest 5.10.1.2
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...2_5.10.1.2.bin
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:45 AM   #122
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Thanks for the advice with that link! I wasn't sure if there was a separate update for the LTE model.

I have installed it now and it's got all of the features I've been reading about.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 07:19 AM   #123
khron
khron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/PW2/Voyage + Kobo Glo
Any news on new/fixed firmware?

I've upgraded both PW2 and Voyage to 5.10.1.1 and PW2 is slow/sluggish, turns on for a minute and quite slowly loads a book. Voyage works better, but it lost part of the contents, for example a directory may show that it has 1 of 3 books downloaded, but shows as empty. You can find however this book and open it from local search... then it works (you can read it) ok.

Voyage had newest firmware installed before 5.10.1.1, PW2 probably too (at least it had custom fonts).

Amazon should at least officially acknowledge problem with botched update and prepare some statement about what they are to do about it. Radio silence isn't very good...
khron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #124
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by khron View Post
Amazon should at least officially acknowledge problem with botched update and prepare some statement about what they are to do about it. Radio silence isn't very good...
To Amazon's defense, they are a lot more proactive than Kobo is about botched updates. Every FW update from Kobo fixes something and introduces new features (aka bugs). If you want those new bugs fixed, wait for next update. Amazon stopped the 5.10.1.x update - now you need to go out of your way to install it. Radio silence can prevent mass hysteria.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #125
overture1922
overture1922 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
how can I downgrade to the previous firmware? Mi kindle is PW3
overture1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #126
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overture1922 View Post
how can I downgrade to the previous firmware? Mi kindle is PW3
Is it jailbroken? If no, you can't. If yes, use USBNetwork.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:43 PM   #127
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
I just noticed that firmware 5.10.1.2 is now officially back on Amazon for, and only for, the Paperwhite 4.

Others are still at 5.9.7

I bought my Paperwhite 3 recently. Did all the OTA updates. I don’t remember, but I guess I was at 5.9.7. When 5.10.1.1 got out, my Kindle was not offering it OTA... So, I went ahead and downloaded/installed the 5.10.1.1 Everything has been fine since. Beginners luck, I guess.

Last edited by Claude_C; 11-14-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:18 AM   #128
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
I just noticed that firmware 5.10.1.2 is now officially back on Amazon for, and only for, the Paperwhite 4.

I bought my Paperwhite 3 recently. Did all the OTA updates. I don’t remember, but I guess I was at 5.9.7. When 5.10.1.1 got out, my Kindle was not offering it OTA... So, I went ahead and downloaded/installed the 5.10.1.1 Everything has been fine since. Beginners luck, I guess.
I think DuckieTigger mentioned that, from the conversation with Customer Service, the issue was from older firmware releases to 5.10.1.1 -- from 5.9.7 to 5.10.1.1 is (supposedly) okay. I know my Kindle Basic (8th Generation) had no trouble going from 5.9.7 to 5.10.1.1. (At least none that I've run into yet.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #129
Patzym
Patzym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post

Where on Amazon can I find the Paperwhite 4 .bin?
Patzym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:38 AM   #130
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patzym View Post
Direct link only, see post #121.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #131
eilon
Enthusiast
eilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura about

Device: Oasis 2017
Kindle 5.10.1.1 is back online

Seems it's once again available for download. I wonder what happen. I would expect a new version with a different minor number if there was a bug.

It looks like it is exactly the same bin file (binary compared).

Last edited by eilon; 11-15-2018 at 12:26 PM.
eilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #132
trungng2006
trungng2006 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
It still update when i manually download and copy it via usb.
trungng2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #133
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilon View Post
Seems it's once again available for download. I wonder what happen. I would expect a new version with a different minor number if there was a bug.

It looks like it is exactly the same bin file (binary compared).
Except PW3 (Paperwhite 7th Gen.) which is still 5.9.7.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #134
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patzym View Post
For USA, it's here : https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...4HPVAW86CHYHKS

I don't know if the country makes a difference. You can search Google for kindle paperwhite firmware, and choose your country.

Last edited by Claude_C; 11-15-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #135
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Except PW3 (Paperwhite 7th Gen.) which is still 5.9.7.
Looks like it's back up to 5.10.1.1 now. I wonder if they changed anything?

EDIT: This is the firmware for the Basic Kindle (7th Generation). Sorry for my mistake. Looks like the newest software available for the Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen) is still 5.9.7 on the update page.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201605570

Maybe they fixed something on the Server side?

EDIT: Looks like I was a dollar short and a day late again. Sorry about the redundancy, Claude_C.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-15-2018 at 02:36 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote