Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
excelangue
Banned
excelangue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keybard 3G
How-To: Tether the Kindle 3 (Win/OS X/Linux)

Use your Kindle Keyboard 3G's connection on your computer!
Here's the guide: [URL]
(I'm posting a link because the last time I posted this I got banned)
All you need is a Kindle 3/3G with USBnetwork and Firefox.

I'm not saying that tethering is a good idea, or that it's ethical. But, if you browse the way the Kindle does (no multiple tabs, no downloading) you're not using more bandwidth than the actual Kindle. The only difference is that it's faster and on a bigger screen.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelangue View Post

I'm not saying that tethering is a good idea, or that it's ethical. But, if you browse the way the Kindle does (no multiple tabs, no downloading) you're not using more bandwidth than the actual Kindle. The only difference is that it's faster and on a bigger screen.

Please please please don't do this! I'm sorry but this is selfishly unfair for the good of other. Don't abuse the service that is provided to everyone so kindly.

> I hear HarryT is coming. <

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-11-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't own any 3G-empowered Kindle but I think this thread should be banned.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelangue View Post

And you've been banned again. Loser.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
And you've been banned again. Loser.
Well these kind of threads should be removed NOT just banning the OP!

HarryT: out of curiosity and as question I had for a while, can admins remove a thread so that there is less clutter in the forum, it's getting bigger and bigger... or e.g. a user being able to delete his post? (it's relevant to REMOVING this thread too)
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Certainly we can delete threads. But let's leave this one as an... object lesson
Old 02-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

Thread Closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
tether, tether kindle, tether kindle 3g