Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
ifriend
ifriend began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello from las vegas nv.

about 2 weeks I became aware of your wonderful informative service. Thankyou. I am beginning a project of deciding if I want an ereader,and if it should have the ability to do other tasks such as wifi,internet browsing.
And whether having android is desirable. Whats holding me back at this point in making a decision is that it seems all screens in the under $300 range are not in color (i'm spoiled) and few have wi fi with a full browser ability plus the screen size are under 6 inches for those ereaders that do have the wifi.
Ofcourse if I wait ,prices will come down,and the most popular features that end buyers appear to desire will be incorpated within the product. A serious drawback currently is that units have a sealed battery. In viewing specs from the various manufactures,so far i have not seen what the anticipated ife cycle is for the sealed battery. I would enjoy learning what features currently or what you want in an ereader. Thanks again for a great resource in mobile read. And any thoughts if a netbook has an advantage or disadvantage as an ereader versus the products that are currently available as ereaders.
ifriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello from Barstow.

You should check out this subforum when you get a chance. A lot of good information there to help you decide if and what ereader would suit you best.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

Also check out our ereader matrix (<- linky)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR - the right place to help you with buying infos. Not only the technical details but real life users giving you feedback
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ifriend and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
netbook, wi fi