Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Exclamation change default fonts

your sig line caught my eye "Change default fonts on your reader". I'm new to Sigil but have been using Calibre for some time now. To change the default fonts with calibre involves going into to the epub file and modifying css and embedding the fonts in html(i think that's what happens) I have done it a couple of times and it's far from easy. So is there a way to do this in the Sigil editor? I've looked through the menus and buttons but I just don't see where I can do this. There is not even a font selector that I can see.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The guide I wrote refers to changing fonts for the LRF rendering engine which is completely different from the EPUB rendering engine. For changing epub fonts system-wide on Sony Readers, see this thread.

What you're asking is if you can embed fonts into the epub file with Sigil: you can't. Not yet at least. It was planned for v0.1.0, but was dropped because of a bug in the Qt framework Sigil uses (you can track the issue for this). Hopefully Nokia will fix this bug for Qt 4.6 (which should be out by the end of the year) and then I can implement this feature.

Actually a lot of work was done on this already, but it's unused because as I've mentioned, the Qt bug causes random crashes when multiple local fonts are used in one WebKit instance.

Last edited by Valloric; 10-18-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Ok thanks. On another note is there any chance of a find and replace feature for your next version? I depend on that a lot in Word to change all chapter styles to h2 I just search for CHAPTER for instance and change every instance to an h2. It beats manually changing each instance!
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
On another note is there any chance of a find and replace feature for your next version?
Please take a look at the Sigil issue tracker. S&R is planned for the next version.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote