Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
malkie13
malkie13 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Cover Images Not Working Quite Right

Using a Sony PRS-505, running Calibre 0.4.134 on OSX.

Books that I've imported from lit format, then used the GUI for metadata to grab a new cover (either downloaded or using an image file), then converted to LRF. When I transfer them over to the reader, and open the book, the cover it shows is the original one from the lit file, not the new one which I had added on the metadata screen.

Thoughts on how to remedy this?
malkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure the option to use cover form source file is not ticked.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
malkie13

Ooh, may have figured it out myself. I hadn't noticed the "Use Cover Image From Source" checkbox.

---

Yep, that seems to have fixed it.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
malkie13

Seems to have taken care of it. I went and changed the option under "Set Defaults for Conversion", however, when I select a title, and then click on the "Convert E-Books" button, it still has "Use Cover From Source File" selected.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the defaults only apply to books you have not previously converted. When you convert a book, the settings you use are stored as the settings for that book and override the defaults.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
tnbagwell
tnbagwell began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
the defaults only apply to books you have not previously converted. When you convert a book, the settings you use are stored as the settings for that book and override the defaults.
So, how do you change the cover? Do you have to reconvert the book? (This has been making me nuts, and there's probably a simple answer that I'm overlooking...)

Tom
tnbagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:28 AM   #7
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Yeah, you have to reconvert the book.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
tnbagwell
tnbagwell began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Yeah, you have to reconvert the book.
Thanks!
(I was afraid you were going to say that. )

Tom B.
tnbagwell is offline   Reply With Quote