Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Richard Maseles
Richard Maseles began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo
tool(s) for conversion to ePub

I want to find a conversion tool that will take either HTML or Word or a PDF file (1st choice is a clean HTML file, i.e., not something created in Word) and convert it into ePub format. The source file will already contain multiple hyperlinks, and I want them to port over into the ePub document. It would be nice if some of the usual formatting, i.e., bold, italics, indents, etc., would port over as well, but the hyperlinks are paramount, as I only want to build the hyperlinked document once, then convert it to multiple formats. All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

RM
Richard Maseles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Maseles View Post
I want to find a conversion tool that will take either HTML or Word or a PDF file (1st choice is a clean HTML file, i.e., not something created in Word) and convert it into ePub format. The source file will already contain multiple hyperlinks, and I want them to port over into the ePub document. It would be nice if some of the usual formatting, i.e., bold, italics, indents, etc., would port over as well, but the hyperlinks are paramount, as I only want to build the hyperlinked document once, then convert it to multiple formats. All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

RM
Using Calibre, you can convert to ePub, LRF, LIT, and PRC. So have at it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert