Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #31
LDPippin
LDPippin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4
I'm in the US and it won't download for me.
LDPippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #32
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
I'm also in the USA, and it downloaded (automatically per schedule) for me just short of 48 hours ago. I'll try again now (manually) and report if it fails.

Update: Failed almost immediately: File "<string>", line 125, in economist_parse_index
Exception: Could not find any articles, either the economist.com server is having trouble and you should try later or the website format has changed and the recipe needs to be updated.
Update 2: working again, for me.

Last edited by NSILMike; 07-04-2016 at 09:37 AM.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #33
tyler88
tyler88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
In the US & it failed instantly at first for me. Tried again a couple days later & it worked. I noticed The Economist made changes to their website, and I'd seen they were A-B testing a new site design a couple months ago. So probably what we're seeing is that some Calibre downloads are getting served a new version of the site while others are getting the old version, likely determined at random.

For now: retry several times (3-5) and see if you get lucky. Eventually, The Economist will probably switch over to a new design which may break the recipe. At that point someone will have to update the recipe (I can try but python isn't my strong suit).
tyler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #34
HKReader
HKReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyager
Hi,

I recently started to use Calibre a few weeks ago and was able to use the native The Economist recipe and set this up with my Kindle however in the past two weeks the recipe has only been able to grab the front page of The Economist.

Has anyone else seen this issue and found a fix for it?

Many thanks
HKReader is offline   Reply With Quote