Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #1
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Color Text on Kindle Fire HD

I like to specify Blue on Silver background for reading a book, either kf8 or epub format. When I use the viewer on Caliber, I see blue text on a silver background. When I view my book on ADE 2.0, I see blue on silver. When I download the kf8 to my kindle, I see black on while, regardless of how I set the color tag in the css.

Does anybody know how to change the css for kf8 to show blue text on a silver background, or any color combination? Because I sure don't.

I am not trying to change font colors.

Thanks

Ronald
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl View Post
I like to specify Blue on Silver background for reading a book, either kf8 or epub format. When I use the viewer on Caliber, I see blue text on a silver background. When I view my book on ADE 2.0, I see blue on silver. When I download the kf8 to my kindle, I see black on while, regardless of how I set the color tag in the css.
Are you converting from epub to AZW3? If not try that.

I never worry about such things myself because as long as no background or font color is specified in the css then whichever reading app I choose to use allows be to alter the background and font colors.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I did convert from epub to azw3 in Calibre. The colors do not show up in the Kindle Fire HD. BTY, in Calibre "edit book mode", the book is shown as blue letters on sliver background. This is weird!
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, text