Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #91
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I am pleased that you want to hear about it, and the first thing you will probably want to know is where I was born, and what my wonderful childhood was like, and how my parents were occuppied before they welcomed me into their lives, and more information in the fashion Mr. Dickens provided so admirably in his David Copperfield, and I will be only too happy to oblige.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #92
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The sky above the port was the colour of a newspaper, faded to illegibility.
Advert
Old 09-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #93
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
She had the kind of face that looked good on a manikin, so that’s where I placed it.

Dr. Drib
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #94
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
That's rubbish. I wouldn't carry on reading any book that had that as its first sentence.

I'm just now understanding this!

(Please go back to post #10 for the reference.)

Don
Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #95
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
He was never a handsome man, they said he had a face for radio, but it wouldn't fit, so I put it through the television instead - now he can star on "The Walking Dead".
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #96
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

As the killer turtle advanced purposefully toward me, its evil eyes shining with malevolent blood-lust, I realized with mounting horror that I had only 5 hours to turn around and walk away.

Dr. Drib
Old 09-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #97
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

The family of Ewing had been long settled at Southfork.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #98
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
A lone man, bent with the weight of many years, sat on a chair outside the simple mud hut that he'd called home for most of his adult life and waited for he knew not what.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #99
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

She had a face that could stop a clog, which helped her to an illustrious career in some obscure Dutch sport.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #100
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Oh, ye writers! We know who you are!

The last living writer in the world sat down at his computer and started WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS, only to realize with mounting horror that either the floppy disk drive on his Osborne portable computer had gone bad or that CP/M was no longer the most current operating system.

Dr. Drib

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-23-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #101
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Shark infestation be damned, thought Hardwick, as he swam toward his foot.

Dr. Drib
Old 09-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #102
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Some of these are really good... if they were the first sentence in the book I would definitely read on! Others... not so much LOL
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #103
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
As the killer turtle advanced purposefully toward me, its evil eyes shining with malevolent blood-lust, I realized with mounting horror that I had only 5 hours to turn around and walk away.

Dr. Drib
I think that this is my favorite.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #104
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I think that this is my favorite.

Hitch
"Welcome to the wienie roast!" - Red Adair
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #105
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
As he gazed upon the Pearly Gates, he came to the conclusion that there had to have been a more elegant was of getting there, other than having a cookie explode in his mouth.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote