Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #1
Jasmine11
Jasmine11 began at the beginning.

Device: none
help me please

is there anybody know how many different readers have been called Gen3? what i know is the first Gen3 was basically a Netronix EB100 (larger case, SD card faced backwards). Later models were EB600 of various sorts.

This is something that Open Inkpot will need to know to build firmware that will work for everybody (or as many as possible).

Mine is labeled on the back as CYBGEN310B. "about" says 400MHz processor. It has 512MB flash, 32MB ram and 2MB boot rom. I think the only way to find out the last two is by opening it up. It's pretty easy if you're brave.
Jasmine11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine11 View Post
is there anybody know how many different readers have been called Gen3? what i know is the first Gen3 was basically a Netronix EB100 (larger case, SD card faced backwards). Later models were EB600 of various sorts.

This is something that Open Inkpot will need to know to build firmware that will work for everybody (or as many as possible).

Mine is labeled on the back as CYBGEN310B. "about" says 400MHz processor. It has 512MB flash, 32MB ram and 2MB boot rom. I think the only way to find out the last two is by opening it up. It's pretty easy if you're brave.
400Mhz are EB600.

Unless i'm wrong, there a an "EB100" in the serial for the EB100 models.
According to bookeen website, there are 4 different gen 3. (look at the "download" page.)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Jasmine, does this mean that Open Inkpot will function on a Cybook Gen3 EB600?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Mine is one of the very first models with 64 MB flash. I'll have a look at the model number when I'm back home. I may have some pictures floating around from when I opened it, as well, if that helps.
It'd be really great if the Gen3's were supported by OpenInkpot...
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
there is at least 5 version of the Gen3

EB100 with 64MB
EB100 with 512MB
EB600 with 512MB
EB600EM*with 1GB
EB604 with 1GB

and it seems that there is 4 different hardware revision not totally compatible each others.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Right, I completely forgot about this thread. Sorry.
Mine is a CYBGEN310B, the about dialog marks it as version ARM920T with 200 MHz processor clock speed. It's got 64 MB flash memory. I didn't find any pictures, should you need some info from the inside, I'll try to help out.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
But the gen3 is not outdated and really slow cpu devices, why not trying the Orizon ?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
But the gen3 is not outdated and really slow cpu devices, why not trying the Orizon ?
I'd have to replace a device which basically does everything I need as fast as I need it to by a device I'd have to buy. That's why.